What's new

DENNIS THE MENACE - SEASON ONE coming soon from Shout! Factory. (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Brian Ward at the Shout Factory boards just said they were working on Season One right now! So I'd say we can look for an official release date any time now! Great news!!

Gary "Shout continues to impress with their vintage dvd releases" O.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!!!!! Could someone ask him if it will be a wide release, and not M.O.D. ? Hopefully it will be out sometime in the next 3 months.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
GREAT NEWS!

However, I would much rather see the complete series set get released first like they did with Leave it to Beaver.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Great news indeed. :)

I just hope they can manage to get a season 1 release of a classic show right for a change.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yes, please, Brian Ward or anyone from Shout! who reads this Forum: You know it's happened a lot, so it should be the first thing on your minds: Please double, triple and quadruple check that you've got complete prints, and not syndicated prints.

I've waited for this series for a long time, but I won't get it unless it uses complete prints, because I can record cut prints off Antenna TV, which will start showing this series on Jan. 3.

We all know, also, that if it is done wrong, and then Season 2 is done right, Season 1 will not be redone correctly -- or, at least, that's the way it's gone in the past. (Well, they might be redone correctly someday, but I might not live to see it.)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff

Yes, please, Brian Ward or anyone from Shout! who reads this Forum: You know it's happened a lot, so it should be the first thing on your minds: Please double, triple and quadruple check that you've got complete prints, and not syndicated prints.

I've waited for this series for a long time, but I won't get it unless it uses complete prints, because I can record cut prints off Antenna TV, which will start showing this series on Jan. 3.

We all know, also, that if it is done wrong, and then Season 2 is done right, Season 1 will not be redone correctly -- or, at least, that's the way it's gone in the past. (Well, they might be redone correctly someday, but I might not live to see it.)

Yeah, they screwed up season 1 for both Rhoda and Mister Ed, so I hope they learned from these MISTAKES.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney

Yeah, they screwed up season 1 for both Rhoda and Mister Ed, so I hope they learned from these MISTAKES.

[/QUOTE]

Not to pile on, because I do appreciate Shout tremendously for their commitment to releasing Vintage TV Shows, but we can add Father Knows Best as another Season One that was done incorrectly (with many syndicated prints).

Gary "I'm very excited about this release but also want to see it done correctly (i.e. uncut prints across the board)" O.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
This is great news! I would like to see a complete series set like they did Beaver. That way, we don't have to worry about it stalling out. But, if we only get season 1, then that's ok. At least we are getting a season set release for Dennis the Menace. I will just have to hope the remaining season sets follow.

But, I will be worried about cut episodes somehow showing up until I read a review stating otherwise.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Numerous people on the Shout Factory forums are stating the importance that uncut episodes are going to play in their decision to purchase this and future seasons of Dennis the Menace.

All of us should also be voicing our opinions on their forum on the importance that this series be done correctly from the start unlike several other notable classics that have came from Shout in recent years. I doubt we'll be seen at this forum by anyone involved in this project since they don't seem to go out of their way in seeking a ton of feedback from their customers when they have their own forum community.

Hopefully the message being sent to them is clear. We're thrilled they've picked up this great series that deserved to be out on DVD years ago, but it's mandatory that it's done right from the start if they're going to get our money. A season 1 screw up isn't acceptable.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Brian Ward at the Shout Factory boards just said they were working on Season One right now! So I'd say we can look for an official release date any time now! Great news!!

Great News!!!! I certainly would love to get this series on DVD!!!! Thanks Gary for this WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! Please check out my post for The Donna Reed Show: SEASON 4. I've just posted some 'Fantastic News' for this series as well!!!! Thanks Again Gary!!!!!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lol, Im so desperate to find out if this is a wide release or a Shout Select title , that I had to post just a few minutes ago at Shout message boards, as my old male self. Never thought I would need to post there again, but Dennis is a special occasion. I actually like it more than even Leave it to Beaver, its so over the top.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I looked up season 1 , and its 32 episodes. Kind of odd, because back then most shows were around 39 episodes. This will probably be a 5 disc set. Im hoping in the extras they interview Jay North , and the girl who played Margaret. Also it would be nice if they interviewed the mother as well, shes still alive. Im guessing a March release date.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I came to post that announcement only to find that Gary beat me to it!

This, along with the release of "Car 54", has me stoked for 2011! Just when I'd pretty much given up hope for classic TV on DVD releases these two announcements show up!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Greg2356

Great News!!!! I certainly would love to get this series on DVD!!!! Thanks Gary for this WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! Please check out my post for The Donna Reed Show: SEASON 4. I've just posted some 'Fantastic News' for this series as well!!!! Thanks Again Gary!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'm just happy to pass on the info, Mark. And speaking of that, "Thank You" for continuing to update us on the progress of The Donna Reed Show. Knowing MPI is involved is fantastic news. As others have noted, that company has done some fine work in the past with their other series, so there's no reason not to be thrilled with this latest development!

Gary "thanks again for some more great news concerning Classic TV on DVD" O.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Gary OS

I'm just happy to pass on the info, Mark. And speaking of that, "Thank You" for continuing to update us on the progress of The Donna Reed Show. Knowing MPI is involved is fantastic news. As others have noted, that company has done some fine work in the past with their other series, so there's no reason not to be thrilled with this latest development!

Gary "thanks again for some more great news concerning Classic TV on DVD" O.

Gary, I am glad that you appreciate my updates regarding "The Donna Reed Show." Thanks!!! I just hope that MPI will someday put out a 'Box Set' of at least the first 'Five Seasons' of this series. Mary Owen was mentioning months ago that if ever a 'Box Set' was put out from her Mom's Television show, it would be perfect-> including this show's ending 'Theme Song' played to completion, and all logo's in place.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg, "ditto" on Gary's post. We're fortunate to have you here at HTF to bring the info about this show. I watched a couple of eps this weekend from S1. I can't get over how this particular show has struck that chord for me. It's strange that I missed this one all the years in syndication and never saw it originally but with the DVD's it's making up for lost time.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
It's strange that I missed this one all the years in syndication and never saw it originally but with the DVD's it's making up for lost time.

I don't think it is your fault, Jeff, given that this series hasn't aired all that much in syndication especially on national front. I recall Dennis the Menace airing on Nickelodean during the 80s and early 90s but after that it just disappeared until TV Land picked it up for a very brief 40-episode run in 2002-2003. And it hasn't aired nationally since it left TV Land.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I will definately pick this series up. I watched it all the time in syndication in the 70's and early 80's but haven't seen it since. I look forward to it again. Hopefully Shout will release all 4 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks