What's new

Dennis the Menace: Season 3 - October 25th, 2011 (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dennis-Menace-Season-3/15638 This is the final season that features Joseph Kearns as George Wilson (the original Mr. Wilson). Gale Gordon (most popularly known as Mr. Mooney on the 1960s series The Lucy Show) steps in as John Wilson for the season's later episodes.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I will be picking this up, too. Isn't it great how fast these releases keep coming?

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
ChrisALM said:
I will be picking this up, too. Isn't it great how fast these releases keep coming?
Yes, but I wish they would speed up the releases of Mister Ed and Rhoda. Just get those series done and over with already.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney

Yes, but I wish they would speed up the releases of Mister Ed and Rhoda. Just get those series done and over with already.

I was concerned about Mister Ed before the fifth season was announced, but that was positive news and gets us close to the complete series, with the exception of the first season's cut episodes. I am hopeful we will get season six soon.

With Dennis the Menace, season two isn't out yet and there is already an announcement for season three. That's three seasons released for this year. If sales figures factor into this, season one must have sold great.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Why crush 38 episodes on five discs? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 6 discs and put 6 episodes on discs 1-4 and 7 episodes on discs 5 and 6? Does Shout! Factory really want to bit-rate starve this show like this?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
vnisanian2001 said:
Why crush 38 episodes on five discs? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 6 discs and put 6 episodes on discs 1-4 and 7 episodes on discs 5 and 6? Does Shout! Factory really want to bit-rate starve this show like this?
I believe last time something like this came up, and people were complaining about this very thing, Shout's answer was that Sony gets a say in things like this, and Sony has a history of crushing 8 or 9 episodes of classic shows onto one disc.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The season 2 set had 8 episodes on discs 1, 3, and 5, and 7 episodes on discs 2 and 4. That's odd that this was all Sony's decision. Shame on them!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
CBS/P puts 4 hour long episodes on many of their discs and the end product still looks fantastic. 8 episodes of a half hour B&W show shouldn't be problematic as long as dual layer discs are being used.

As others have said, thanks to Shout for releasing this and fast tracking. One of the all time classic 50s sitcoms finally gets its due.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Steve...O said:
CBS/P puts 4 hour long episodes on many of their discs and the end product still looks fantastic. 8 episodes of a half hour B&W show shouldn't be problematic as long as dual layer discs are being used.

As others have said, thanks to Shout for releasing this and fast tracking. One of the all time classic 50s sitcoms finally gets its due.
Agreed, on all counts.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Got a question, guys. In the end credits of this series' third season, do they have the Screen Gems/Columbia Torch Lady I or II, the latter with just the words SCREEN GEMS surrounding her accompianed by a voiceover announcement? I know with season 2, 37 of 38 eps. had Torch Lady I w/announcement for Torch Lady II. Haven't bought S3 yet, but I'd like to know before I buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks