What's new

Dell keeps sending me monitors? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
DaveF, I think he should take it one step further and call Dell (right now), all pissed off.

I'd be on the phone yelling at them about their mistake, demanding that they fix it. Dave, you brought up a great point about storing them. Allen, tell Dell that it is extremely inconvenient to be storing these monitors. Sure, you may not end up with a free gift (by calling them now), but do the right thing...who knows, you MAY end up with compensation for being so honest.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
3...2...1...OK...a couple of hours has past. Hypothetically, do I go through the pain and suffering for treatment of an illness for which I have low odds of recovery? That's a biggie. Ummmmm...I'm with you there. I'll answer that one if I'm ever faced with it.

Do I return the $6 package of vacuum cleaner bags that mistakenly made it into my purchase at Target...even though they happen to fit my vacuum at home? No brainer. I would and did take them back and pay for them. Nothing hypothetical...real example. So while I agree that everything is based on circumstance, this scanario isn't particularly filled with nuance. Once all of the facts are known, many people like myself are perfectly capable of saying what they would or wouldn't do in a simple situation such as this.

And MarkHastings is right on the money (pun intended)...It's simple business...losses get passed on to the consumer...always.

Colton

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking "huge video wall". All these monitors on a wall to make one huge t.v. screen. *drool*

- Colton

Mark Giles

Second Unit

Or after one more week of monitors. You can sell all of the extra ones and buy a Panasonic 65 inch Plasma. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Giles

Second Unit
65 plasma > a wall of 24 inch screens with several 2 inch thick vertical and horizontal voids cutting thru your picture.

Not to mention the headache of getting your video source to line up.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
30 inch 4 million pixel monitor from 3ft away > 65 inch 1080p plasma from 10ft away. Unfortunetly that crapshack apple only has DVI, I need some inputs man!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i cant offer proof of the existence of god or fate, but take a look at the supermarket, face it zack, spaghetti exists. :)

CJ

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Court? Hard to say. My tally is in the vicinity of 3 grande so this isn't chump change. Collections? In a heartbeat after a letter or two.

Mark Giles

Second Unit

I dont think anyone believes he's ethically warranted to keep the monitors. If they contact him, he plans on sending them right back. The question is, what if they dont contact him? It comes down to morals.

On that note, I wonder if there is a time limit for Dell to reclaim there oversight.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor

Dont recall ever saying I was doing the right thing. If I did somewhere then I didn't mean it. You know the best way to teach somebody history is to unsubjectively explain everybodies views and let them decide for themselves who is right, who is wrong, did they have good reason for doing so, was it the smart thing to do or not. I used the word justify before and I take it back, I'm not trying to justify my view just explain it.

It's easy to think less of people if you dont hear or understand their side of it. I picked history as an example because it's a prime example of people labeling someone insane because of their believes and mindsets. Usually after you learn about them you still think what they did is wrong, but it doesnt sound so crazy anymore.

If someone said, "Nathan Algren, American soldier who defected to Japan and fought against America", throws that into a quick perspective dont it. I dont want people doing that with me is all. Just what about that do you despise so much Paul?

Please don't analyize that and say something stupid like "how does this compare to a war hero?", clearly that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how you can label someone and run a muck. Tell your wife "Dell is accidently sending monitors to this guy and he's keeping them" and she'll probably think I'm an asshole.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Your confusing my two views...

If you don't say anything and keep the monitors, a lawyer may be able to convict you of stealing because stealing is "willful taking of money or property belonging to someone else with intent to deprive the owner of its use or benefit either temporarily or permanently"

If you contact Dell about the monitors, you are no longer 'willfully' keeping them. I'm sure the phone call is the KEY ingredient if Dell tries to take legal action. Without that phone call, I'm sure a lawyer can make a case against your willfulness to keep the monitors.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
I'll wait until they call, not answer, then call them. If they call, then I know they're getting at something. But then I wont be able to hear them out. I could fake a power outage or something.

You know what Paul, my "An extreme amount of religious people, for one" answer was to your question that I thought was general. Reading back it seems more like your question was directed towards this situation. In which case my answer is about...90% of the people who have read it.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Allen: While I appreciate your situation...I'm unclear as to how you've determined 90% of the people who've read your thread would...to use Paul's word's...be tested by this.

And as for your response to Paul's question when you thought he was speaking of general, hypothetic instances...I think your linkage of "extreme amount of religious people" to "hopelessly deluded individuals" is a bad path to take and one which, in all likelihood, would get this thread shut down.

That would be unfortunate. I am most curious to see what actions Dell is going to take after their mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks