1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Def Tech Bipolars on Stands???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_C, Nov 16, 2001.

1. James_C

James_C Well-Known Member

I would like to buy bipolars for my rears but I don't have the wall area for them. Can I put them on stands or do they need to be mounted on the wall??? I am looking at the BP2X's or the BP1.2X's.

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Well-Known Member

I recall one "professional" reviewer who placed the bpvx's on stands...so I think it is definitely possible. Maybe contact Definitive for advice on where to find such a stand. Good luck!

3. jacek p

jacek p Active Member

Where do you buy nice looking and inexpensive stands?
    Thanks,
    ------------------
    jacek

4. Scott-C

Scott-C Well-Known Member

I have BP2X's for my side surrounds, and have them on stands. Works quite well. My cousin actually made the stands out of a decorative rail and two platforms (all from Home Depot), and finished them with a spray paint package that makes them look kind of granite-like. They hold the speakers comfortably and are fairly balanced (though I do place the speakers at the very back of the stand so that they're flush with the wall). I can't recall the height of the stands, but they're high enough so that when I'm seated on the couch the side surrounds are just slightly above my ear level.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

5. David R. Hendrickson

David R. Hendrickson Well-Known Member