What's new

DeepDiscountDvd 20% off sale begins 11/9-11/25 (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I got the 4th volume of the Bond set. I couldnt complain about the $40 price tag. Of course after it shipped CC was selling them for less than $20. Oh well, least it didnt cost me $60 to $80.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Well, part of my first order shipped today. It told me 4 of 6 items were in stock. Why did only 3 ship? I want my damn 14-disc Carlin box set.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Placed a bunch of orders with DDD and DVDPlanet (nice to extend its deadline to match DDD's). Then this morning I remember I forgot to order Wings season 5. Oh well, I'll just put it on my Xmas list. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

One of a very few remaining BDs on the shelf at the local Super Walmart on Saturday. $30 is way over my blind-buy limit though.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully my order will arrive today. I picked up:

Charles is Charge complete second season

the complete original Star Trek

Battlestar Galactica original series

Barvestarr season one volume one

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I only placed one order and most of that was for Christmas Gifts. I had a bunch of things on my wishlist, but they all went up in price before the sale so I passed.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Dammit. I ordered on the 21st and my Carlin set still hasn't shipped. It was supposed to be in stock, and 3 of the movies I ordered shipped on Monday. What gives? :frowning:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

I Hate it when this happens! You think you got a good deal on something and then find out someone else has it on sale at a CHEAPER price!:frowning:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
That happened for a few people with the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection.
I think Amazon had it on sale for $59- at a time when DD had it priced so it would have been higher than that even with the 20% off- so people ordered it from Amazon. Then a week into the 20% off sale, DD lowered its price on the set, making it come to $46.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It took about a week for most of the in-stock items from my orders to ship, which seemed to be SOP this sale.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

Well, it's been 10 days now and one of the backordered items shipped today, but Carlin-All My Stuff still hasn't! WTF?!?!? It's still marked as "Open," Dracula 2000 is still backordered, and the rest are shipped.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

It's still marked as in stock. Has been since I ordered it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had a snafu with an order one time and their customer service took care of it with no problems so I'd say to give them a call and they should at least be able to give you some answer as to what's going on.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yeah have you called them or emailed them.

it won't get shipped out quicker from anything posted on HTF.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Well, I emailed them now. I even asked for expedited shipping on their dime for the delay. We'll see what they say.

p.s. Why the hell is it so hard for them to get something like Dracula 2000 back in stock? It shouldn't take 3 weeks to restock an old title like that for christ sakes.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
WTF?!?!? "In the process of being shipped" ??? The shipping policy states anything in-stock is shipped out within 2 days. It's been 2 weeks. What kind of bullshit response is this!? If I call customer service will I actually get to talk to someone who speaks english?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yes, you will. They actually have a very helpful customer service staff (from my prior encounters with them). I'm guessing they will be able to explain the situation regarding your Carlin item.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks