What's new

DeepDiscountDVD 20% discount begins 6/17 to 6/25 (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Boxsets, here I come!!! :D Good on ya, DDD, for having the sale despite rumors to the contrary.

Is it just me, or are some of their prices inching upwards a bit in anticipation of the 20% off? The promo e-mail I received said that Sopranos Season 5 is $59 and change, but on their site it's $61 and change. Hmm...

And what's up with Hero being a preorder? It's out already.

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
Order numero two! ;)

WISE GUY-BETWEEN THE MOB & A HARD $31.68
WISEGUY-PREY FOR THE CITY $31.67
HITCH (WS) $12.91

Tax: $0.00
Shipping Price: $0.00
Order Total: $76.26

Yohan Pamudji, I used to think the same as it does appear on occasion there are price changes but those are not simply raises before the sale, they are adjustments made all the time on DDD usually based on their reductions due to new releases or re-release.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This comes at a somewhat inopportune time, but I'll probably get a few titles that have been on my wishlist awhile.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I "HEART" HUCKABEES (2D/SE) $ 22.71
DEAD ZONE-3RD SEASON $ 17.34
FARSCAPE-THE PEACEKEEPER WARS $ 9.90

I've been waiting for a chance to buy the proper edition of I Heart Huckabees (the two disc edition)!

I was tempted by the new X-Files compilation but honestly that's on sale pretty much everywhere so I decided not to burden DDD with it. Used to be that DDD's sale was the ONLY place to buy tv-box-sets but at last prices on those are pretty good across the board. I'm still grateful for DDD - and I buy from them often, not just during their sale.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Order Number One: :D

LICENSE TO DRIVE $ 9.59
DOOGIE HOWSER M.D-1ST SEASO $ 19.19
HORATIO HORNBLOWER-COMPLETE $ 38.37
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES 1 $ 26.49
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES 2 $ 26.49
EAST OF EDEN (SE) $ 16.32
REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (SE) $ 16.38
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES 3 $ 26.49
SUPERFRIENDS-2ND SEASON $ 16.38
ESSENTIAL STEVE MCQUEEN COL $ 38.51

Merchandise Total: $234.21

More to come and more Warner boxsets!

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know how 'money-back' deals work with DDD? Like the Warner Brothers deal, where you can get up to $50 back by mail when you send in some proof of purchases, and the cash register receipts? Would the packing slip work in the place of a cash register receipt?

I'm also wondering about this in the case of the Paramount deal. I bought Macgyver S2 and it has a sticker on it that says if you buy a season of Frasier you can get $15 back by mail, and I was kind of thinking of ordering Frasier from DDD.

Has anyone done any of these 'money-back' type of deals when you order through DDD, or any place online?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

You must be joking. It took me 10 minutes to generate a list of nearly $400 last night. :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
just got an e-mail saying everything that was in stock had shipped.
normally i would be jumping up and down, but this is all right before i have to hit the road for 3 weeks and these things are going to be sitting in a very hot, un air conditioned room for all the while i'm gone.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
good grief Patrick, you must get everything on street day, or else get a lot of mileage out of a netflix account.

before this sales over i'm going to be ordering both the Joan Crawford and Bette Davis sets.
the per movie cost comes to something like $5.50

that's Alpha prices with Warner quality.
that's just insane.

i think i'm going to be canceling my pre order for the Film Noir V2 set from Amazon, and just waiting for the next sale in Nov. in between then i'll barely have time to make a dent into what i'm picking up now anyway.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
I am so glad this sale came along, it gave me a chance to pick up the last 4 Doctor Who DVD releases at $14.95 and The Two Doctors at 20.95 ^*^

However that may have to be it for me since I spent $125 on the Laurel and Hardy UK disks just a few weeks ago when it was on sale :D

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Thanks gang! I just used one of the codes to double dip on a bunch of re-releases that I'd been putting off for this very sale!

I got all 8 of the Star Trek Special Edition DVDs, plus The Mask re-release for a grand total of just under $100!

I'll do more shopping when I come up with more titles! :)

Mark

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Check out the price for Northern Exposure: 3rd Season. As I'm looking at it now, it's $28.14. On sale, it's $22.51. Wow.
-

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator

I used to think it was to track where you learned of the sale but with codes like "google" and "pricesearch", I am no longer certain of that theory!

Users who are viewing this thread