What's new

DeepDiscount 20% (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
It's 9 pm locally and all of today's new releases are still showing up as pre-order with no discount code working for them. This is pretty poor on dd's part. If a technical problem I would think it should have been fixed by now.

Normally not a big rush, but with Father's Day this weekend I had some items to order as gifts that would have gotten here by Saturday had I ordered today and paid for shipping.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...I was just able to place my order (at 9:30am ET) using a discount code for the "Impossible to Forget" disc released yesterday.

But I then decided to add the Dick Cavett Hollywood Icons set to my order only to find out that all the Cavett sets and the Jack Paar set have all been changed to June 19 release dates! :angry:

That's kind of lame. I've had that Cavett set in my wishlist for many months. It was released quite a while ago. :frowning:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ghost Rider is now officially available, including 20% off. I'm guessing all the other 6/12 releases are the same.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
DVDPlanet (DD's sister site) is also having a 20%-off sale thru the 17th. They have the Dick Cavett Show: Hollywood Greats set (is that the one you're looking for?) for $23.95 (a few cents cheaper than DD). It's listed as out of stock, but at least you can order it with the discount. You will have to pay $1 shipping on it if you don't order something with it because the coupon will bring it below the $20 minimum needed for free shipping.

Coupon code at DVDPlanet is 20OFFSALE. Like DD, it's good on everything except pre-orders.

Oh, and I should add that the box to enter the code (labeled "have any coupon codes?") is on the shopping-cart page, above the payment method (in the order-summary column).

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Fairly close most of the time, but I'd advise comparison shopping to make sure you're getting the best deal.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Generally, DVDPlanet is $1 or 2 more than DD, but some things are cheaper (particularly Criterions). Plus, DVDPlanet has used discs (which do qualify for the 20%), so if you don't mind buying used, they'll definitely be cheaper than DD. And you get points for your purchases that once you accumulate enough, you get store credit (up to $40).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Man, you cost me $24.46. And that was AFTER I realized I hadn't bought Family Guy Vol. 4 yet. Good thing some box set prices haven't fallen yet, or I'd really be in the hole.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Wish I had known about the DVD Planet sale a bit earlier. Living in Illinois, I have to pay sales tax for orders from DeepDiscount.

Quick update. I went to DVD Price Search to see which had the best price on Season 5 of Six Feet Under. It turns out Amazon has it for $33.99, almost $20 less than the 20% off price at DeepDiscount.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

I never saw a $49 price for Deadwood Season 3 at DDD, but you may have looked earlier than me. When I comparison priced a couple of weeks ago, I was seeing the following prices:

Amazon: $64.99
DVD Planet: $76.37
DDD: $56.71

Amazon subsequently dropped their price to $49.99, DDD went down to $55.38, and DVD Planet is still at $76.37. With the 20% discount, I'm getting it from DDD for $44.30. Of course you received yours right away and I'll be waiting a week or so for mine.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Now that you mention that, you're 100% correct and I deleted my post. The last thing I wanted to do is add to people accusing DDD of upping their prices before the sale.

I'm still glad that I paid $5-ish extra bucks and got it yesterday though. :)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I've only seen a little bit of it at the friend's house, enough to know I'd like it. Lately it seems most of my DVD purchases have been TV series. Likely because the vast majority of them I'd see no point in upgrading to HD. Firefly, Angel, Buffy (if that's even viable) perhaps, but not my sitcoms that's for sure.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I'm annoyed DDD doesn't list the Dirty Harry movies boxed or otherwise.

I found a box there that had a Dirty Harry movie in it. Their search function is quirky and doesn't always return the right matches. It often looks like a certain title isn't in the database when it actually is.

Amazon doesn't stock the Dirty Harry Collection either, so I'm not surprised if DD doesn't have it.

I wanted the original Star Trek season 3 and it took several searches to find it. There was one search that returned a set of all 3 seasons, and another that returned a random mix of various Trek season sets.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

When they upgraded last year, they dropped a TON of discs. I still have a whole bunch of Public Domain TV shows in my wish list that went walkies after the upgrade. That was probably one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks