What's new

Deep Space Nine announcement & Box Art from StarTrek.com! (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Like i mentioned on another forum. I could care less what the box art looks like. Just give me the dvd's :) Thats all i want. All i ever look at on the shelf is the spine anyway

capt

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
As much as I love The Next Generation, I haven't bought any of the DVD sets because I can still turn on TNN almost any night of the week and see two or four episodes.

But DS9 quickly disappeared from the airwaves following the conclusion of its seven year run. Not even any of my local affiliates carry it in syndication. So these new sets will be a priority for me.

BTW--has anyone heard of any plans to release the entire Next Gen. series in one money-saving mega-set?

Spero D

Second Unit
Looking forward to getting the sets and Voyager when it is released but I must agree in regards to the packaging that it does look ugly. I'll bet the R2 packaging will be very nice though......

Spero D.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
GIMME GIMME GIMME.

I havent bought TNG sets either. Theyre just too expensive, but I wont be able to say NO to DS9 sets.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
THIS is the Trek series I've been waiting for! As stated above, can still see the others on TV. Voyager doesn't count ;)

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
I'll take the ugly packaging, but they better lower the price since it doesn't look like they're using (wasting) anywhere near the amount of material as they did on the TNG sets!
God! The more I look at it the more butt-ugly it gets! :alien:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I did'nt see this thread and I Posted a similar thread a Plea for Rick Easton to call paramount quick. These are the worst looking and designed cases ever. Who at paramount are coming up with these awful designs? Ric stuff is miles above anything they've done

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
It's different. I like it.

What I really like is the inside... it is such a pain in the ass to access individual discs in the TNG sets.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the box is ugly, but I'm not going to complain. I do like the disc holders better this way.

I do hope that there is an MSRP that yeilds a lower cost this go around. The TNG fiasco was unfortunate.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I've accepted the fact that no studio other than FOX will ever use a multi DVD case which holds more than 3-disc's. I understand that a simple booklet and slip cover are just to difficult for studio's to do. But with all the resources available I would have thought they would have come up with something a little more appealing. Nevertheless I am glad the disc's are coming out. Ugly artwork would never prevent me from owning any Star Trek disc.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
John, since they sold a ton of TNG Box sets with No MSRP I don't see them changing this, Unfortunately

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
BLECH

Sorry Paramount, I'm going to have to pre-judge on art alone here. You have the right idea, but 1- The logo NEEDS TO GO. Put the real logo on there. 2- It should be white/silver etching on bronze metallic or the black, not this rainbow monstrocity.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
BTW--has anyone heard of any plans to release the entire Next Gen. series in one money-saving mega-set?
They'd better not unless they're also refunding the difference to those who bought them individually, as they were released. Lots of angry fans otherwise.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I agree that the box art is not what it could be, but it's the DVD and episodes that's important here. It looks like they'll be doing as ggod a job on these discs as they did with TNG, which will make me happy.
Bring em on... :)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I like better about the packaging is that you can get to the discs easier, kinda like what Babylon 5 is doing.

I am psyched that it will be coming out, though. In many ways I like DS9 better than TNG.

I may decide to do my own design after a few of the sets are released. I think I will need a break after TNG!

Ric

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Nothing's going to stop me from getting these sets on street date, but I gotta agree with the majority - that cover art is horrendous! It looks like a cheap bootleg, made by someone who couldn't figure out how to download authentic logos & art from the web!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks