1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Space Nine announcement & Box Art from StarTrek.com!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Nov 14, 2002.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Well-Known Member

Just saw this over at ign and over at DVDFile. Man, is that box art ugly!
    Peace,
    DM

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Well-Known Member

Like i mentioned on another forum. I could care less what the box art looks like. Just give me the dvd's :) Thats all i want. All i ever look at on the shelf is the spine anyway

capt

4. Peter McM

Peter McM Well-Known Member

As much as I love The Next Generation, I haven't bought any of the DVD sets because I can still turn on TNN almost any night of the week and see two or four episodes.

But DS9 quickly disappeared from the airwaves following the conclusion of its seven year run. Not even any of my local affiliates carry it in syndication. So these new sets will be a priority for me.

BTW--has anyone heard of any plans to release the entire Next Gen. series in one money-saving mega-set?

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

6. Steven_J_H

Steven_J_H Well-Known Member

Steven
    Great news. [​IMG]

7. Spero D

Spero D Well-Known Member

Looking forward to getting the sets and Voyager when it is released but I must agree in regards to the packaging that it does look ugly. I'll bet the R2 packaging will be very nice though......

Spero D.

8. JonZ

JonZ Well-Known Member

GIMME GIMME GIMME.

I havent bought TNG sets either. Theyre just too expensive, but I wont be able to say NO to DS9 sets.

9. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Well-Known Member

THIS is the Trek series I've been waiting for! As stated above, can still see the others on TV. Voyager doesn't count [​IMG]

10. Carlos V III

Carlos V III Well-Known Member

I'll take the ugly packaging, but they better lower the price since it doesn't look like they're using (wasting) anywhere near the amount of material as they did on the TNG sets!
    God! The more I look at it the more butt-ugly it gets! [​IMG]

11. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

I did'nt see this thread and I Posted a similar thread a Plea for Rick Easton to call paramount quick. These are the worst looking and designed cases ever. Who at paramount are coming up with these awful designs? Ric stuff is miles above anything they've done

12. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Well-Known Member

It's different. I like it.

What I really like is the inside... it is such a pain in the ass to access individual discs in the TNG sets.

13. John Berggren

John Berggren Well-Known Member

I agree that the box is ugly, but I'm not going to complain. I do like the disc holders better this way.

I do hope that there is an MSRP that yeilds a lower cost this go around. The TNG fiasco was unfortunate.

14. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Well-Known Member

I've accepted the fact that no studio other than FOX will ever use a multi DVD case which holds more than 3-disc's. I understand that a simple booklet and slip cover are just to difficult for studio's to do. But with all the resources available I would have thought they would have come up with something a little more appealing. Nevertheless I am glad the disc's are coming out. Ugly artwork would never prevent me from owning any Star Trek disc.
    [​IMG]

15. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

John, since they sold a ton of TNG Box sets with No MSRP I don't see them changing this, Unfortunately

16. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Well-Known Member

BLECH

Sorry Paramount, I'm going to have to pre-judge on art alone here. You have the right idea, but 1- The logo NEEDS TO GO. Put the real logo on there. 2- It should be white/silver etching on bronze metallic or the black, not this rainbow monstrocity.

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm

18. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

Hmmm....Paramount is not wasting any time on the DS9 release. I for one will be picking them up- I especially look forward to the last few seasons involving the Dominion War story arc- those are the best sci-fi storylines to ever come on television IMHO.

19. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree that the box art is not what it could be, but it's the DVD and episodes that's important here. It looks like they'll be doing as ggod a job on these discs as they did with TNG, which will make me happy.
    Bring em on... [​IMG]

20. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Well-Known Member

The only thing I like better about the packaging is that you can get to the discs easier, kinda like what Babylon 5 is doing.

I am psyched that it will be coming out, though. In many ways I like DS9 better than TNG.

I may decide to do my own design after a few of the sets are released. I think I will need a break after TNG!

Ric