What's new

Deep Discount Spring 2009 Sale? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. Hmmm.

I guess it could happen.

[SIZE= smaller](See what I mean?)[/SIZE]

Edited by Mike Frezon - 7/15/2009 at 04:44 pm GMT

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I heard it'll start on the juneteenth of July and will only be 3.14159% off.

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
My mom is getting my the lucyshow for my birthday i can't wait. i might buy ninja turtles cARTOON only ten bucks. I MIGHT GET California dreams, PECTTION JUCTION AND MIGHT GET SPECULATER SPIDER-MAN sEASON ONE CARTOON. CANT Decied.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Constern it w/ the Reply box focus issue (in IE6 and IE7) -- took me 3 tries (and consequent page scrolls) to get the quote button to work. And constern it w/ the lack of typeable emoticons.

_Man_

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Anyone else having trouble accessing Deep Discount?

Maybe they're prepping for the sale. Hopefully not jacking up all the prices.

Amazon has a good deal on the Dirty Harry set right now, and I wanted to see how it would compare to the DD sale once it starts.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker

The Dirty Harry set is today's Amazon Gold Box Deal of the Day.
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. Amazon would still have a better deal. Managed to find the DD price at dvdpricesearch. Oddly, the links from there will take me to Deep Discount, but I can't get there directly.

Amazon's deal is good, but I still haven't gotten around to renting them all, so not sure whether or not to jump on it. I like Eastwood, but if most of the movies kind of blow ...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paul_Scott

With Deep Discount, they should have about a dozen different coupon codes active. In the past, you could use every different code once- so many people, myself included, would place several orders throughout the sale.
At DVD Planet however, they have just one code. In the past, you could use it as many times as you wanted, but in the very last sale in November, it changed to a one time use only.
There is a chance DD may change its policy this year, but we'll only know for sure at the end of the week.
Anyone heard yet about any codes besides HOTSTUFF ? If I remember last year, there were several, including SUPERSALE .

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
The sale looks to be off and running on a Thursday evening as usual. The HOTSTUFF code worked without a hitch for me (though the usual lag to get the confirmation email is in place).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
DVDTALK also worked

got my first order off as well

Quantity Item # Description Price Status -------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- --------- 1 FXD060000 BLR : THE TOWERING INFERNO $ 18.17 In-stock 1 LGE025036 BLR : MAD MEN-2ND SEASON $ 23.17 In-stock 1 MCA001569 DVD : QUINCY M.E-3RD SEASON $ 20.92 In-stock 1 MCA019005 DVD : ALI BABA & THE FORTY THIEVE $ 10.79 In-stock 1 MCA019012 DVD : TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE, $ 10.79 In-stock 1 RYK001599 DVD : NIGHTMARE CASTLE $ 10.18 In-stock 1 SHF011364 DVD : PEYTON PLACE-2ND PART $ 20.92 In-stock 1 WBD042987 DVD : WARNER BROS ROMANCE CLASSIC $ 20.91 In-stock Merchandise Total: $ 135.85 Tax: $ .00 Shipping & Processing: $ .00 Total for this Order: $ 135.85
I also zipped over to DVD Planet and was happy to find they already processed an order of used discs I sent them about 10 days ago- As before, it looks like you can place an order there for anything that will street during the sale and get the discount.
The BSG set is $248 there now , compared to $220 at DD. However there is no guarantee that price will last once it streets (I can't see how it could as that would bring it down to well over 50% off with the extra 25% off). I can order the set now from DVD Planet and with my store credit and FBC points, I would pay a grand total of $4 so that's what I'll probably do in the next day or so. It's nice to have racked up so much credit though, so I hate to spend it so quick even though it's a fait accompli what I'm gonna get with it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What's the code for DVD Planet?

Think I'll pick up some Universal BDs from them since they seem to have the modestly lower prices for that studio across the board.

_Man_

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I ordered:

Mission Impossible Season 6
Baa Baa Black SheeP Vol. 2
4 Film Favorites: John Wayne War (They Were Expendable, Operation Pacific, Flying Leathernecks, Back to Bataan)
Gran Torino BD
Perry Mason, Season 4, Vol. 1
Star Trek Original Series Season One BD
Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Centennial Collection
Penn & Teller Bullshit! Season 6

Total including 25% discount, $176.26

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Probably my only order with DVD Planet this sale

Catalog: MCA018985 (new)Title: Lonely Are the BraveQty: 1Price: $10.62 Catalog: MCA001037 (new)Title: Battlestar Galactica - The Complete SeriesQty: 1Price: $186.35 Total: $196.97 FBC Discount: $40.00Shipping: $0.00 (Free Economy Shipping)Sales Tax: $0.00Store Credit: $140.64 Total Order: $16.33

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
From DeepDiscount, I ordered Weeds Season 4 (BluRay) for $18 and change.

If I weren't underemployed, I'd have been interested in Venture Bros Season 3 (BluRay), 24 Season 7 (BluRay), Mad Men Season 2 (BluRay), the latest Underworld movie, and maybe True Blood Season 1 (BluRay) -- although it appears that DeepDiscount's price on True Blood is not competitive (Amazon has it for much cheaper).

But there's so much coming up this year that I need to keep in mind I'll want, like Terminator Salvation (BluRay), Lost Season 5 (BluRay), and very soon (maybe in time for this sale?) there's Watchmen (BluRay). And Dollhouse (BluRay) and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Final Season (BluRay), and then there Battlestar Galactica on BluRay -- though I doubt I'll be able to afford Galactica even if I was working full-time.

So I have to pass this sale by, for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks