What's new

Deep Discount sale is ON! (Spring 2008) (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I placed an order last Tuesday and haven't even received a shipping notice yet (though my order is on their web site). I'm just chalking it up to a high volume of orders that DD gets during these sales and I'm willing to wait a little longer for the added savings.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I mention this in some other posts, but from now on I'm going to pay the extra three or four bucks to send future orders vis UPS. I don't know what's going on with the Post Office, but I'm fed up with orders taking two extra weeks to be delivered. If its because of Fuel Prices (I Know, it's a Pain in the @$$!) fine, raise your rates accordingly. Dragging your heels isn't going to win you any customers!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
wonder if all the flooding in that part of the country is causing the post office to change up their flow routes?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Media mail is the last to be loaded at any given distribution point, and is always subject to being bumped. With the higher fuel prices, I wouldn't be suprised if the PS is running fewer shipments, and trying to maximize each shipment...in turn pushing the media mail packages farther to the back of the line more often. I'm sure the floods aren't helping either.
With that said, I just received 5 packages today of various sizes from my first 4 orders from DD and DVDP. These were all shipped on different days, which to me suggests a backlog of media mail at certain points which retarded the flow of ones shipped first at the same time allowing later shipped packages to 'catch up'.
So...just be patient. they'll show up eventually. What makes me even happier than finally starting to get them...was finding everything in excellant condition and well packed.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert

I ordered 8 dvds on June 6 and have not gotten order.Last fall the
order during the sale took 3 weeks to arrive.With Amazon's free shipping
I get orders four days after order.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I am still waiting for an Order they supposedly shipped out on June 5. I have given them an Ultamatum, If I have not received the Package by next Friday I will lodge a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have not had this kind of problem with them before. If there is a Delivery Problem they should say so on their Website. If the Post Office is having Problems I would rather pay the Extra Money to ship it by UPS or Fed-Ex, knowing I can find out what happened if there is a delay, not to mention get my package considerably faster. I have participated in many of their sales before, why are they having problems this time?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
On your shipping notice there should be an estimated delivery date range. Has the latest date already passed? My orders came smack dab in the middle of their estimated arrival.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Late date for the first package passed yesterday. Now a SECOND Package has missed it's arrival date! (Prior to this latest order they were quite punctual on their arrival dates) BOTH PACKAGES were supposedly shipped out BEFORE THE FLOODS so I do not know why they are being held up. I was contacted by them and told to wait until June 25. If I have not heard from them by this date there will be H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS TO PAY!:angry: As it is I DO NOT RECOMMEND PLACING AN ORDER WITH THEM UNTIL THEY CLARIFY THE SITUATION!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the DD sale date has been extended to 06/29. I received an auto-e-mail this morning from DD about the extended date and another coupon code SUMMERSALE

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It's not DeepDiscount's fault. They ship it by Media Mail, which is what you "pay" for (pay is in quotes since it's free). Once they ship it, it's up to USPS to deliver it. As other people have pointed out, Media Mail packages are only loaded on the truck when there's room. It can take a week for the package to make it onto a truck. How is that DD's fault? If you don't want to order from them anymore, that's fine. I'm sure other people (myself included) will continue to take advantage of their cheap prices. More in-stock items for us.

As for your packages being shipped before the flooding, I'm sure the floods are still affecting it. The packages were in transit when the floods hit. How would they not be affected?

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
It happend to me once, It was Nov. 20% sale when I ordered my goodies it's been almost a month I have not recieved order I thought it was a holiday rush, So I called DD told them I have not recieved package, so they sent me replacement order about 13 days later I recieved my replacement order I was happy!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
DDD says that media mail shipping takes 5-10 business days. If a shipment goes out on a Friday, that could mean 14 calendar days.

In my case, orders shipped to me (New York) on 6/5, 6/6 and 6/9 have been delivered; I'm waiting on orders shipped to me on 6/12 and 6/13. Those should arrive next week, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape if they take longer. The only time I ever placed an order with DDD which didn't arrive, they reshipped it with no questions asked.

It also should be kept in mind that DDD has no control over packages once they get into the postal system. If there is a delivery problem, the problem is with USPS, not with DDD. And since the media mail shipments aren't tracked, DDD has no way of knowing if there is a problem. The lesson is that if you opt for free delivery, you have to be patient.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Pardon the Sour grapes then, but this has NEVER happened to me before. I have decided from this point on to waive the "Free" Shipping and pay the extra rate for Expedited Service. The USPS is as (Expletive Deleted) as our Government, and they refuse to be held accountable whenever they make a mistake. It's true what they say, you get what you pay for!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I just want to Update You. My Copys of Galaxy Railways
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
FINALLY
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Arrived! (They were only 13 days :angry: BEHIND SCHEDULE!:angry: )

Hopefully I receive my other Order in time for my dog's Least Favorate Holiday. (That's July 4 for those of you in Rio Linda!):laugh:

I won't be using "Media Mail" for my orders again anytime soon, until the Post office takes care of their little :frowning: F.U.B.A.R. :frowning:.

I'd rather pay the extra Fee and have piece of mind! (Or as I call it,
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
INSANITY INSURANCE!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know that it matters much. I paid extra once to get faster shipping and waited just as long as with their free shipping.

I just resign myself to the fact that the prices are good enough that I don't really care how long they take to arrive. Eventually, I'll forget I even ordered, the package will arrive and it will be a nice little unexpected surprise. ;)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

DDD is consistently slow as turtle-flavored molasses. I get packages from the other side of the globe - as physically far from me as you can get and still actually be on the planet - get to me sooner than a package from DDD. Even my other book rate packages I send and receive arent as slow as these guys.

It's been like this for YEARS now. Why they can't get their shit together is beyond me.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
The orders which were shipped to me on 6/12 and 6/13 arrived today. that's 12 and 11 days, which I can live with.

I sometimes send DVDs in the mail, and one interesting thing is that when sending only one there is no difference in the postage between Media Mail and first class. It's only as the weight of the package increases that Media Mail becomes cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks