What's new

Deep DEEP bass in real music. (1 Viewer)

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
heres two alblems that are real good bass and music to dave grueintwo for the road its a henry mancini take some good songs in it peter gunn, baby elephant walk, two for the road.; yo-yo ma, edgar meyer, mark oconnor; this has real good deep bass you can hear you got to have a good system to realy injoy. this one has direct stream digital and sbm direct its a sony recording. the dave grusin one is a grp labal. thank you, joe

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
Transglobal Underground --- Psychic Karaoke

Has some good bass but I don't know if it's deep enough for you

Also try

Bass 305 -- Virtual Bass

There's a great version of ________ (I don't know the name of it -- they call it Bach 305) The Toys did a version of it in '62 called Lover's Concerto

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just put in KORN (self titled) and listened to BLIND.. the bass is sweet... nice and solid and tight, i didnt have to crank it much, and its not boomy at all, a first for a music CD.. :p)

The alanis morisette song was also good, but it was just the thumps that was deep...

Edit: Upon more listening, it seems like all of the Korn CDs have (KORN, Life is Peachy, and Follow the Leader), they all have realy good bass in them... The latest CREED ones do too...

I would think that the new ChiliPeppers CD Californication would have some nice bass too (Porcelain), but i dont have it... The BloodSugarSexMagik CD from them was surprisingly kinda weak... More bass would've made it awesome... great CD

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Charles J P et al.:
Although you asked about deep synth bass, the number of non-synth recommendations and Richard Travale's mention of Telarc's Star Tracks II in his post (#27) led me to want to toss my hat in the ring with some other great (Telarc) recommendations.
In addition to his amazing work on a track called "Ascent" from Telarc's Time Warp, Dorsey's own Telarc releases Bachbusters and Beethoven Or Bust are terrific displays of playing virtuosity and system-taxing sonics. These are albums of the music of Bach and Beethoven, respectively, "as realized on digital and other authentic period synthesizers." It's not all as dainty and bandwidth-limited as you might think: both CDs' liner notes feature the standard Telarc disclaimer/admonition about "lower levels" for "initial playback until a safe level can be determined for your equipment." :) Plenty of wicked, low-end synth on these titles.
I also recommend the entire line--beginning in 1984 with Time Warp and continuing over the course of I think eight releases up to 2000's Mega Movies--of recordings that Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra have done for Telarc of sci fi/fantasy/adventure film score music. Engineer Michael Bishop has contributed some jaw-dropping sound effects that are related to the film scores presented to more recent releases. Although I usually don't go for re-records, the performances in general and the sonics in particular of these releases are outstanding. (There's also a DTS CD of 1997's The Big Picture.)
Speaking of DTS CDs, I second and third the previous recommendations of the Titanic score CD. Yet another fine mix by Shawn Murphy. Although I have not heard it, there's a DTS CD of the score. But I have heard some HTFers say that the low end does not have the same quality of depth and tactility to it as the 2-channel stereo CD.
More Telarc: the "bass drum heard 'round the world" is in awesome form on their original "1812 Overture" (CD-80041). They've since released another "1812" on both DVD-A and SACD. Another one with insane bass drum is the "Polovtsian Dances" from Alexander Borodin's Prince Igor. Telarc's re-released this on SACD (SACD-60039). All the Telarc titles I mentioned should be available for purchase at www.telarc.com.
Finally, audiophiles from back in the early CD day will, in addition to recognizing some of the titles I mention above, no doubt reminisce upon my mention of Flim & the BBs. Check out "Tricycle" and "Lunch Hour Wedding March" from their Tricycle album (available on SACD; www.dmp.com) for some remarkable synth bass. "New America" and "Funhouse" from their Big Notes CD (look for the 20-bit, gold CD remaster) are also wonderful crazy. Also, not at all outdone by dmp engineer Tom Jung, George Massenburg's engineering and production of Flim & the BBs non-dmp releases (New Pants and This Is A Recording) is par for his always stunning course.
Cheers,
Paul

MichaelTa

Agent
Little Neutrino off of Klaatu - Klaatu. This is the song I put on to show friends what a powered subwoofer is all about.

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
The Flaming Lips: The Soft Bulletin.

Track 2: A spoonful Weighs a Ton

When I first heard this song in my car, it scared the crap out of me. I don't have a sub in my car either.

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
Yes's Keys to Ascension II has some pretty deep stuff in Close to the Edge. Check it out around 13:45-14:00 into the song

Tim

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Deep synth bass: The opening to Symphony X's "King of Terrors" off their latest album The Odyssey.

Deep bass: There are many examples on both Liquid Tension Experiment albums (1 & 2) where Tony Levin makes use of the Chapman stick (see also Peter Gabriel's "Don't Give Up" from So).

Zenas

Agent
Gotta check out some Massive Attack... see if you can find the track "I Against I" that Massive Attack did with Mos Def on the Blade 2 soundtrack... SO MUCH BASS!!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Check out madonna's new CD, that has plenty of bass in it

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'd take a look at both of Slipknot's CDs (Slipknot and Iowa). Those have really deep bass. They have 3 percussionists, so the CDs better have bass. ;)
Also, I would check out both of Spineshank's albums (The Height of Callousness, and Strictly Diesel). If you only want to try out one Spineshank album, then go for THOC.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If you like heavy music:

Soulfly - They tune their guitars down to a C. Lots of bass(The first album or the second if u must. Avoid the third).

Overkill - Bloodletting

Machine Head - The More Things Change....

Obituary - World Demise

Sepultura - Roots

Vader -De Profundis (From SSMTB review: "play "Silent Empire" to your mother, and she wouldn't believe it's not the apocalypse")

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Just remembered a good one. The song "Felt good to Burn" by the Flaming Lips of the Hit To Death In THe Future Head album.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
Blue Man Group - Audio. Get the DVD-A, lots of deep stuff.

Soul Coughing - El Oso. Great quirky band. The bass and kick drum are great together (deep and hard hitting)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Fear Factory are the kings of bass in the metal world. I'd rank Cephalic Carnage up there too, deep booms that come out of nowhere.
"Punk" by Gorillaz goes down to 20hz. One of the most intense songs in my car system is "Re-Akshon (remix)" by Killer Mike. Holy mother of god. I could name rap songs for you all day long, but I'll just give you a link to "the list":
http://www.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/u...;f=25;t=000329

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Joe Satriani - Engines of Creation
This has bass that will destroy systems. I've heard a lot of the albums mentioned here and this one bests them all. :D
Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks