What's new

Dedicated Electrical Outlets? (1 Viewer)

Bobby C

Stunt Coordinator
Time to revive this thread I started 2 1/2 months ago - arggg, other projects got in the way.

So anyhow, I'm starting to wire the room. For background, my electrical needs include 6 sconces on dimmers, power for amps, DVDs, tuners, projector, satellite, etc. (plus normal wall outlets for vacuum, etc.). I think I have 2 options:

Option 1:
3 dedicated lines coming into the room. 2 share the same phase. In this scenario, the 2 circuits that share the same phase would power all outlets, including the projector. The off phase circuit (which is on the same phase as a noisy refrigerator) would be for dimmers. I would dedicate 1 of the 2 shared phase circuits for the amp, perhaps all other equipment on the 2nd circuit. Not sure where I'd put the projector, certainly on one of the two. FWIW, I'll have 10 outlets for equipment, wall plugs & the projector.

Option 2:
4 dedicated lines coming into the room. 2 circuits each on opposite phases.

I'm thinking that the 2nd option is not as good, as that would mean using the 4th circuit for the projector or something - which would be on the same phase as the dimmers. Make sense to go w/ # 1? & if so, how would you distribute the circuits, especially in relation to the projector?

Thanks!
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks