What's new

Decent cheap 7.1 speaker system (1 Viewer)

headknocker

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
I have to agree with the idea of scrapping the 7.1 idea and eventually going the 5.1 route...but I would do it slowly as others have mentioned. Look around for nice set of bookshelf speakers within your budget and build from there. The next logical step would be to add a timbre-matched center channel from the same manufacturer or a sub from any number of brands. You can always have your receiver set to "phantom mode" to mimic having a CC and get the sub first since it adds so much to the HT experience.

FrankBooth

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
Thanks for all the help. I have decided to go with the onkyo sks-ht540. My friend has one of the only ht in a box deals, that he got probably 4 or 5 years ago, told me he paid like 600 or 700 for the whole thing, including the receievr. I always thought it was a couple thousand dollar system, until he told me what he paid last night. So I think the sks-ht-540 speakers will sound great in my room, they can't be any worse than my friends system, which I think sounds great, and is louder than I would ever need. Also, his sub is rated at only 75 watts, and I'm pretty sure the one with the sks-ht540 is 230w, which is going to be more than enough bass for my small room. Thanks again for all the help. I'll post pictures in a few weeks after I get all the wiring ran though my walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks