What's new

Dear god help me...I need silver speaker stands. (1 Viewer)

barneygumble

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
I've been talking to my wife about getting a theater system to go with the plasma we bought last year. I have it all planned out, then I show her the speakers, she looks and says "my god, they're huge!" Then I tell her the bookshelf speakers will go on stands, 24" tall stands, black stands. She then tells me we should get a surround system like our friends have because the satellite speakers are 1"ers, of the Bose flavor. I tell her no. I've already changed my speaker selection from Axioms to SVSound because she prefers silver speakers, now she wants silver stands. I understand she is very particular about her decorating style, but i'm hoping once she has heard the system, the appearance will not matter as much, then I must convince her that we need some towers.

So, I need 24" silver stands that will support an 11lb. speaker. A chrome or brushed stainless steel/aluminum is preferable.

Thank you for you time, help and sympathy.

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
New wife? J/K.

Spray paint works wonders. (On the stands, not your wife)

Oh, and I agree. 31" would be a better height for the SVS speakers.

barneygumble

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
I also agree with the 31". I couldn't give less of a shit about the speaker or stand color, but that is the price of marrying an interior decorator. It looks like the plateaus are the best bet. Originally I was going to get the TechCrafts in black, or the Axiom stands if I were getting Axiom speakers. I'll have to sneak in some towers under the radar in the near future.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The Plateus look nice... a little expensive... but very nice. You could also possibly get a base finish color that matches some peice of furniture in the room... should help quench the decorator urges.

wolffcub

Agent
Real Name
Scott
I have the F series from Plateau. They were a bit more then the others but $100 was not bad. The build quality is top notch and it comes with spikes and round feet. Just fill them up with sand and your ready to go.

barneygumble

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
Problem is, all of our furniture is very, very dark wood finish, think ebony wood, the darkest shade of brown before going black, dark.

barneygumble

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
I think the Plateau F-series is what I'm going for, see what the woman thinks when I get home from work. Thanks for all the input.

BrianTwig

Second Unit
Why not just get the wall brackets from SVS and wall mount them? That eliminates the stands.

Of course, you may not be putting them where that would work.

Sometimes you just have to put your foot down and get what you want.

I threw WAF out the window and told her TS when I ordered my PB12-NSD/2. I knew she would freak when she say how big it was. It went like this...

She walks in, I point to it and say "Thats the new sub." She says "I am not happy", turned around and walked out. Haven't seen her since.

Kidding. After a couple weeks she finally admitted, you know what, I don't even notice it any more.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Surprise her.

Dick Blick Art Supplies sells silver and aluminum leaf and kits. 25 leaves of ~4" x ~4" silver leaf for about $8; or larger sheets of aluminum leaf. Either has to be "varnished" to keep it from oxidizing. But this way, you get the style of speaker-stand you want, and she gets a silver (100% argentum (coated)) speaker stand!

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks