What's new

Deal or Steal On Sony Book Shelf Speakers? (1 Viewer)

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
I personally don't think you're going to find anything really good at that price point. If that's all you can spend then I guess those are probably as good as anything else you'd get for 50 bucks.

brad cook

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
I think there are some Celestion F10s that are cheap but sound good...Best Buy used to have em

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
ive seen those sony's new at ultimate electronic stores for that price actually... its a stardard price IIRC. ive heard them, there has to be something better for the money.

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
There really is no such thing as a good Japanese speaker "these days" compared to US and Canaidian makers for the price. Better engineering and far better drivers.
JMHO

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I think Home Theater Direct may have some sub $50 speakers in their Level 1 section. I can't comment on their sound though.

Edit: Although more than you may want to spend, I just went to their site and noticed they have some level 3 b-stock for $129 (but at that price the door opens a bit more).

Thomas K

Auditioning
I'd save your money for a nicer set of entry level bookshelf speakers from a good company like B&W or Paradigm.

Christop_Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
This is a room theater system- so im not into all the best for this :P btw... what would you reccomend klipsch or B&W??

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
the best is a LONG LONG way from the sonys... even mediocre IMO is a far cry from those sonys...

i dont think B&W will be in the price range. the cheapest i know of are like $200/pr on sale.

maybe stick with stereo if its just for a room? people underestimate how good stereo can sound for movies, if its a good set of speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks