What's new

Deadwood Season 1? (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else get Amazon's preview disc with the first episode of Deadwood: Season One? I got mine with Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season Three.

The preview disc is in 1.78 anamorphic widescreen and DD 5.1.

And it just whets my appetite for the rest of the set!

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The episode 1 disk was included in my copy of today's New York Times Magazine. Does anyone know if it is uncut?

Thanks,
Ted

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
This is a blind buy for me, most HBO series are. From what I've heard, the series is great, I'll definitely be using this DVD to establish some credit, lol.

Eli R

Auditioning
I recorded all of the Deadwoods to DVD last season and I'm glad I did because the price they're asking is way too high in my opinion. It's a good show though. But another TV Western that I liked even better was Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years. You can get those 22 episodes for around $30. Great show, real dark and violent.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I also tend not to buy HBO series sets because they are way overpriced.

But, I've had a $50 rebate gift card burning a hole in my wallet for 3 months. I've been saving it specifically for this show.

C

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I have the whole first season on DVD-r in great quality ,but already I have my Season one set ordered too.I want it for the extras & commentaries not to mention,just to show support for a great show.

Just saw a promo for season 2 ..Starts March 6th on "The Movie Network" in Canada ..Can't wait !

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The episodes on the set are split up kinda weird. Discs One and Two have two episodes each. Then Discs Three and Four have three episodes each. Disc Five has the last two. And Disc Six has the special features.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
just picked this up. I was really surprised by this show. I thought it would be alright but I was sucked in by episode 2.

I am going to watch the entire season today and I cannot wait a few more weeks for Season 2.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of packaging did HBO choose this time? Is it as elaborate as the "Carnivale" set or did they go with their more standard (still beautiful) metallic "Sopranos" and "The Wire" cover?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's the elaborate type of packaging.

It's designed to have a faux leather book cover on the outside. It opens like a book with the actual discs in a case that sits it. That interior part is very similar in feel, look and design to the Carnivale set.

Not sure if that's the most articulate description of it but I tried.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks - your description is just fine! All the more reason to look forward to getting this set.
I have it in an order together with a few other shows though so I'll have to wait two more weeks.

One can criticize HBO for their pircing but so far I've always felt I've gotten my moneys worth with their sets. Nice packaging is a factor that contributes to that assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks