What's new

Dead or Alive? Volleyball? (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
None of the screenshots looked like shots during play, just replays and/or CGI movies. This would have been a super-cool hidden game for DOA3 though rather than a seperate purchase.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Finally, Tecmo learns how to appeal to the American gamer.

Anyone know if this is an actual game or just an ongoing real-time poly demo that you just watch?

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Personally, I'd feel a little embarrassed playing this game ... They should advertise it with the slogan: "Now with MORE boobies!"

Frank_Lee

Agent
I could actually see this game doing well if it's developed correctly. If they implement a fun and easy-to-use control setup, it could be for the X-Box what Virtua Tennis was for the Dreamcast. Not to mention the fact that the girl player models will attract female players, as well as the lusty male gamers. Dead or Alive 3 looks fantastic so there's no reason to believe that the in-game graphics will be any less stunning for this game. The buying accessories feature seems kinda hokey but I'm sure girls will like it and I wouldn't be surprised if guys found a way to have a little fun with it too, going back to what James said about the boobies :)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about women liking it that much. While I've known a few women who think characters like Lara Croft are cool, DOA Volleyball might look a bit too much like a beer commercial for them :) Personally, while I think it's funny to see Tecmo expanding their DOA franchise in this direction, it still needs to be a good game for me to buy it, so we'll see how it turns out :)
Regarding the graphics, while they might be prerendered, one thing to remember is that Microsoft discourages developers from doing prerendered stuff (most of the Xbox games that feature that kind of thing are ports). So the shots we've seen might very well be done using the game engine, especially considering how good DOA3 looked.

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
"Where are the thongs?"
They are in Outlaw Volleyball, from the makers of Outlaw Golf.
Link Removed

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that there is any question that the screens are not prerendered, just whether or not they are pre-scripted non-gameplay. Given the lack of any HUD, it certainly looks like it's non-gameplay (but definitely not prerendered).
I'll defintely be getting this, if for no other reason that I'm a graphics sl*t, and no one makes an Xbox + HDTV look better than Team Ninja. :)
-Dave

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Didn't one of the Tekken or Virtua Fighter titles from a few years back have some kind of built-in Volleyball hidden game?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Did anyone get the idea from the screenshots that there is a hidden message on the volleyball itself? It has "DOAX" written on it presumably for Dead Or Alive Xtreme. However that "A" looks remarkably like an "R", Creating an interesting new word when sounded out phonetically. :D :D :D
However, this game may actually superceed my hatred of Microsoft, and actually get me to buy an XBOX!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
So who here with an IGN insider account wants to post the new screens they have??
I saw some at my friend's house, and they are quite nice. :)
I just downloaded a high quality version of the trailer and I might finally have to buy an X-BOX now. :) Also, does anybody know the name of the song in the trailer? :b

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
"How Crazy Are You" by Meja, a Sweedish singer who is popular in Japan.

And yes, I went and found all that out myself after watching the trailer. She has a strangely compelling voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks