What's new

Dead Like Me S2 (ongoing thread) (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Has anyone noticed that the actress who plays Millie is getting really really thin lately? almost like an eating disorder.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I loved this episode also, and agree with what most everyone is saying.

BTW I think Reggie's teacher is damn sexy.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Yeah I have noticed that. She is starting to look way too thin. Hopefully its not an eating disorder.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
At least on SHO.COM they are not suggesting the end of the series. I hope not, this has become one of my favorite cable series going :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Is this supposed to be sarcasm, as far as I can tell, I haven't seen "Millie" in quite some time. Now if you mean "George" (Ellen Muth), I don't think she's lost excessive weight.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Yeah, my bad, George is who I meant. I kept thinking of what the living call her, since technically shes in a new body, but only the dead can see her as George. Which confused me when the ugly version (Millie) picked up that rich kid, why he would want that is beyond me) But I do believe Ellen Muth is becoming sickly thin. Hopefully shes not haning out with the Olsens.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I thought a really great episode tonight, really built on the last weeks episode and the crisis of concience was done very very well. I loved the developments with Mason, as well as Millie's new role within the office (yes, Millie.. remember, those in the office at least all still refer to her as Millie ;)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Another great episode. I love this show.

Mason getting all worked up about the purple post-it. Classic. He would have had a much easier day if he had just asked Rube in the first place. Too funny.

Roxy is great. I love how she figured it out about Ray, yet kept it to herself.

One thing that has always bothered me about this show; why no first name and only a first initials on the post-its? It's not like God (or whatever higher power) doesn't know the full name of the people they have to reap. Wouldn't it make their job that much easier if they knew the full name?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
*shrug* I don't know, I watched again this week and she looked far from a rail, about right (IMHO) I think it's really dependant on the outfit she wears I guess.. Daisy, however, at times looks really thin.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic episode tonight, definitely pulled a lot of threads together and showed that George is finally becoming comfortable in her own skin..

This moment next week, where:

people can see the dead, so they have to wear costumes

Is a cute idea, we'll see how it's played out. I really liked the touch of Georgia

taking Ray out..

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
When does Dead Like Me season 2 end? I haven't seen any of season 2(I downloaded some of the episodes but I was missing codecs and some ended up looking really weird. so I ended up deleting them for space.) and am really anxious to rent it. I was going to buy Season 1 on DVD after renting the discs, but I heard some bad criticsm for the early eps of Season 2. Without spoiling anything for me, does it stay as good as season 1?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Yes. The first few episodes were somewhat heavy on exposition and setup, but then the season takes flight and has continuted to soar.

BTW, discussion of bootlegs is prohibited here. That includes "downloaded" episodes posted without the approval of the rightsholder.

M.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I felt this episode had a lot of heart in it. Dealing with Rube, made him seem more "real" to me. What I dont quite understand is that you have Rube, who does the post-it job, but I dont believe this job is based on seniority based on the fact that hes not the oldest reaper. I wonder what its based on. Also, I found it extrememly interesting that Georgia took the graveling's soul. I found it odd however that Daisy (who has experienced vengeful gravelings before) was afraid of it. Why would the reapers be afraid of something. They know they cant die again and they know they dont leave till their reaping is completed.

Next weeks episode excites me. It's such a great premise. This show gets better and better as it goes along.

Also, I am curious to see what the other characters look like to the living. Like Millie is to Georgia. (i.e. Mason, Daisy, Rube, etc.) which is confusing, cause Rube's daughter saw him right away and knew it was him. But alledgedly he isnt sopposed to look like Rube once did. right?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

There was some discussion of this earlier in the thread, after the episode in which Rube went off to investigate his family history and was shown a wanted poster where the sketch looked just like him. One theory was that, after a certain period of time, reapers revert to their original appearance, because the people who might recognize them are no longer around (at least most of them).

For two years now, I've been waiting for the creators of Dead Like Me to find an excuse for Rube to sing. When you have one of the finest living musical theater performers in your cast, it seems somehow wasteful not to use it. I found Rube's song to his daughter very moving -- all the more so because I just saw Mandy Patinkin in his latest concert tour, in which he talks a lot about family.

M.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator

Perhaps she was afraid for the life of others. After all only one person was supposed to be killed and reaped not two.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

But that theory pretty much ruins next weeks episodes premise. with the exception of Georgia. Hmm..... I wonder why the old man notices Daisy Adaire, or why Mason said at the table that the "reaper legend has it that on Halloween you can see us as we are." or to that effect. Wouldnt Mason know for sure? he died in the 60's. thats over 30+ Halloweens to find out such an important rule to reaping is it not?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I think we'll have to wait until the Halloween episode to see how it plays out. This season has thrown a lot of wrinkles into the reaper "mythology", and it's still not clear to me how carefully they've worked out the details. The Ray incident, for example, leaves a lot of open questions about deaths that occur without a Post-It (Ray's and the extra death caused by the falling glass). And what exactly happened when George "reaped" the Ray graveling?

M.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I must have missed this "George reaping the Ray graveling", will have to re-watch.

I'd like to see an episode where they pop the soul, but then, somehow the intended die-ee does something to avoid actually being killed, (not like when Georgia tried to intervene, but somehow they do it on their own), and then what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks