What's new

Dead Like Me S2 (ongoing thread) (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
But they don't overlap. :confused:

My TiVo picks up 6FU and then Dead Like Me. Anyway, you've got something to look forward to.

M.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I watched the 1st episode with some friends a couple weeks ago, and was hooked. I burned through the other three disks in a week and a half (on a side note, Netflix rules when comes to TV on DVD). I thought it took a little while to really hit it's stride, but even the clip show was done pretty well. This season looks like it's shaping up to be better, now that the exposition and whatnot is out of the way.

I'm guessing Mason's alcoholism is going to become much more of a factor in the next couple episodes, possibly in a way that affects the "relationship" between him and Daisy.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

No. This is one of my favs too.. I love the music in this episode, find it very fitting.

I think the growing up of her former family is a good counterbalance to her new life.. while she's gaining control, they are losing it.

But I'll admit, the way her mother's character is done.. if I was him, I would have bailed a long time ago.. which is obvious from the flashbacks.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Liked the most recent episode too. I looked at the credits for this but couldn't find it. They played a new song that sounded similar to "Boom Boom Ba" that I was wondering if it's the same group, Metisse. Does anyone know?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Might be, good for them if it is, I'd have to pick up the album. I loved that "Boom Boom Ba" track, and that one in the church is also very good.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's ep "Hurry" is one of my favorite of the season.

:) The show continues to build, and I really like all of the actors involved :) But the thing that I liked most about tonight's episode was that you got more character growth here..

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

Mine too. A bit lighter and more humorous than The Shallow End last week, but excellent episode all around. Episodes 2 and 3 were little weak imo and I was getting worried but it seems they're back on track.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Whenever George's story is centered at Happy Time, I now it'll be a good episode. That locale always seems to inspire the writers.

So did Joy take the house off the market? She and Reggie were behaving like they planned to stay.

I was afraid that Daisy's character was being softened too much, but watching her dispatch dating prospect after dating prospect was like watching the Daisy of season 1. Then her soft side emerged when she finally ID'd James Allen. Laura Harris does a wonderful job with the character. After her one-note (OK, two-note) turn on 24, who knew?

If there was a weak point in the episode, it was the Mason storyline. Mason the screw-up is becoming repetitious.

The irony of what was obviously Rube's last letter sitting in the Dead Letter Office was delicious.

M.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep. It was obvious he had sent it after he died.. a no-no. And he had broken the rules he so harshly scorns George for. And now, 90 years later, it comes back to him. Maybe a good way to remind him what she is going through.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I misheard the dialogue when the postal clerk mentioned how long the letter had been in the dead letter area.. I thought he said "eight" but that can't be right. Eighty?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Yes, eighty.

Best line of the night was from Rube, while he was waiting in line behind a woman looking for stamps featuring Amelia Earhart. Rube (sotto voce): "I reaped her." :laugh:

M.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
A darker take I had on Rube's undelivered letter was he had sent it just prior to committing suicide or being involved in a very risky situation.

If the details of Rube's demise have already been revealed I must have missed that scene (or episode).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

They haven't been. It's a development that's been promised for this season, and Rube getting the returned letter is clearly the beginning of something.

M.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm very glad to see some "arc" happening. I love the show as it is but it's even better with character development.

I'd love to see more backstories on their real lives.

AlexanderS

Second Unit
This is the first episode in a while where the deaths were all interesting. Loved the schmuck who walked in front of the bus.

The best part was Rube taking apart the lady in the Post Office line. "I've got a cake in the oven". Priceless.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Loved this one. I really liked when Dolores is taking about the efficiency expert and said, "they're all reapers", then I loved George's "WHAT!?!?!".

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I loved tonight's episode.. she does what Rube tells her not to do, and realizes she is in over her head. I really appreciated the follow up on the "cross" storyline.

Good stuff :) This show has become a sunday night regular for me ;)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Caution, spoilers below.

George's stricken reaction when she realizes that the candidate she selected has, in effect, been selected to be murdered the next day, raises some interesting questions about the still-mysterious world of reapers. We've already seen, in the episode where Mason lost his post-it, that the time and place of individual deaths appear to be predestined. If Mason hadn't lost the post-it, the person whose name appeared on it wouldn't have found it and wouldn't have been at the right place at the time of her death. So, within the world of the show, George could not have selected any candidate other than the Chechnyan doctor, who was fated to die that next day at LunaTech (a company name that's even more inspired than Happy Times!).

Of course, all of this could simply be plot contrivances on the part of the writers. :)

Was anyone even mildly surprised that Joy and Reggie end up staying in the house?

M.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well, some of the deaths, wouldn't have happened at the exact place/time as the post-it, unless the reaper had showed up and interacted with the soon to depart.

Most notably, the guy with the shop and the crosses. If Daisy hadn't shown up and talked to him, he probably would have had no reason to get something from the top of that cabinet, and it wouldn't have fallen on him at that precise time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks