What's new

Dead Like Me cancelled (1 Viewer)

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Rats. This series has become one of my favorites. Although, I do miss the Noxema girl from the first season. What ever happened to her after she made the big jump? Will we ever know?

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I hope we never know, since we know that even Rube doesn't know what is out there. If we dis learn, it will be from some mysterious "beyond the grave times 2" type of thing, which I most likely wouldn't like. One great aspect of the reapers is that they do not know their place is the cosmic universe and do not know what/when the next journey is.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I wouldn't expect too much out of this syndication talk. Season 2 of Jerimiah has yet to materialize in the US, and that's another MGM/Showtime co-production.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I don't know, but that actress can't seem to hold a job - she got kicked off of Firefly too (they recast her before they'd finished the first episode). Maybe it was just bad luck.

Meanwhile back to the subject at hand, I really really hope someone buys Dead Like Me, and would have welcomed the former home of Buffy and Angel as a perfectly suitable place for it, but if they're too chicken sh*t I am still very much looking forward to the DVDs of season two.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Do you think HBO would make an offer for "first runs"? or do you think they wouldnt bother cause it wasnt "HBO Original Programming"

John McM

Second Unit
Showtime is really hurting. They canned DLM and QAF is not going on past this season. Killing off DLM after 2 seasons shows why they will never be more than a second-rate HBO

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I got an email today from Showtime. Seems they are promoting a big DEAD LIKE ME marathon.

Seems like a lotta nerve, considering they axed it. I just wonder if there is "between the lines" hope they may bring it back.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well I just heard about DLM on Sci-Fi. I gather this is just syndication of the first 2 seasons. Any more news on reviving the show. I still think it went before it's time. Someone messed up and gave a post-it with DLM on it, too early, by mistake. :D

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Since I have recordings of the original, I plan on checking out the SciFi version just to see how they "sanitize" it for broadcast. (bleeps, voice substitutions, or seperate broadcast versions)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Been having a blast watching it on HD NET. I didn't see the original run, but this show is just too off center not to love. I think Laura Harris is just plain gorgeous.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
A friend just lent me the complete series on DVD. I've also been watching on HDNet, and at first I just picked up with the first unaired S2 episode and went through to the end. But then I went back and started over with the pilot and watched both seasons all the way through again. What a great show. I'm sorry it was dropped, because there were so many intriguing mysteries left unresolved. (Like why George is different than your normal dead person and reaper.) The extras are also terrific, especially the gang commentary on the pilot.

The show is just so smart, the writing, the production design and especially the editing so brilliant. And, of course, the various deaths are so - creative. :)

And yes, Laura Harris is a knock-out. :)

Regards,

Joe

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hate that there are only 2 seasons as well.

The boss at Happy Time I think is just hysterical. Jasmine Guy as the badass Policewoman. Mandy what can you say.

The parts of the show I love/hate because they seem so real are with Mom/Reggie. I think the young girl Britt McKillip is superb at playing that role with a surprising depth for such a young actress.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Her fellow actors agree with you. Cynthia Stevenson says much the same thing about her and so do several other cast members on the commentary track and in the 2nd season documentary.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks