What's new

DDD B2G1F Paramount titles (April 2006) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's the link for DDD's Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion of Paramount titles. It works out to be $6.24 each for groups of 3 titles.

I pretty much finished up my Star Trek 2-disc titles after the 6th one with this sale.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
wish i'd cut back a little on the recent Sony sale, to just essentials.
I'm seeing a lot more titles in the Parmaount sale that i would rather have, but i'm vainly trying to hold to some kind of budget in anticipation of the 'big' sale where i know i will be blowing gobs of dough.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Tell me about it, Paul! I have a minimum of 21 titles I'd like to get from this Paramount sale - including all 10 Treks, none of which I've bought yet - and I've been trying to talk myself down to a more reasonable number. But then I think that if these same titles were in the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on 'em, and this is only about a quarter more per title since I'd have to pay tax on $5.50 titles at Wal-Mart. But seeing a tally over $100 for $6 DVDs just scares the heck out of me, and I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think I can talk myself down to 18 pretty easily, but dropping another three from there is VERY tough!

Decisions, decisions!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

yup- that's my cracked psychology too :)
i'm trying vainly to keep it to 6 titles, but there is actually 7 i want...which of course would make it incumbent to get one more to get another freebie.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Ack! I can't stand it anymore! I couldn't hold out any longer!

I did manage to keep myself to 12 titles, though. Just pulled the trigger on an order for the ten Treks plus "Better Off Dead" and "Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy."

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Anyone put together a list of the titles, to make it easier to look over, without going thru 8 pages?

JerryKILL

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to get my number down to less than 100 for this sale (titles, not dollars!). Ain't gonna happen, though. The WalMart $5.50 dump bin analogy is a good one, I'd be all over these if they showed up at WalMart, so why not get them online? DDD is killing me this year with all of the sales...and we have not even gotten to the 20% off sale!

My biggest dilemma with this sale is making sure I stay with multiples of 3 (don't want to short myself) ...102, 105, 108, 111, 114, 117, 120, 123, 126... I expect to fall somewhere in that range. DDD does not make it easy, since there is no "count" displayed on the order, I have to physically count each title on the list generated, and it is easy to make a mistake.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Here's a title reccomendation -Herold and Maude.
The first time I've ever noted this DVD for sale anywhere but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. For anyone who has seen this dated movie and doesn't own the DVD, nows the chance. For those who haven't seen H&M, I urge you to take a chance and order.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
H&M was the one that most pained me to trim when I trimmed my list, and it was down to that and Better Off Dead (which shares some similar themes) for my 12th title. It's a great movie, but it's also one that I expect will eventually get a deluxe reissue - in fact, the movie turns 35 this year, so who knows, we may see something later this year. BOD turned 20 last year, and there was no reissue, so I expect it'll be at least four more years before they think about doing one, and by then, it may be HD-DVD only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks