What's new

DDD 20% Off Sale? (1 Viewer)

EmmaAU

Agent
Maybe the markups depend on the popularity of the selection. Most of what I bought is not in high demand and I didn't notice any increase in price. For example, the "House of Eliott" series is currently $47.99 at amazon and with the discount is $31.20 at DDD. "Foyle's War" is $41.99 at amazon, $31.20 at DDD. Amazon has dropped the prices of these two since yesterday--I"m pretty sure HoE was $53 the last time I looked. If I don't like the price of a dvd, I just wait until it gets to the price I want :).

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Is anyone else having trouble accessing DDD's web-site - or is it just me? I tried late last night, early this morning, and again right now - "Cannot find server" each and every time. I've tried typing the web address in the address bar, tried accessing DDD from Yahoo & Google, and even tried DVDPriceSearch.com's links all with the same result - "Cannot find server".

DDD's servers must be bombarded with activity because of this sale. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Come on - let me at the deals! :)

Mike.P

Second Unit
Meh, was all excited to maybe get the new King Kong for cheap, guess that isn't going to happen...gonna have to flip through to see if theres anything I want :).

RyanAn

Screenwriter
First order:

WWE-UNFORGIVEN 2005 $10.78
CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL-1ST SEASOn 1 $15.60
ADVENTURES OF PETE & PETE-2ND SEASON 1 $15.60
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD MILLENNIUM EDT $11.97
WWE-WRESTLEMANIA-ANTHOLOGY $125.74

$179.69

I plan on making another order containing:

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL-FIRE WITHIN (3D) $ 23.88
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL-SOLSTROM (SUPERBI $ 29.66
WWE-REY MYSTERIO 619$ 11.96
WWE-JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS-PICK YO $ 12.94
CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (DELUXE) $ 15.00
FOREVER HARDCORE $ 10.54
FOO FIGHTERS-EVERYWHERE BUT HOME $ 7.16
WIZARD OF OZ (3D/COLLECTORS EDITION)
KIDS IN THE HALL-3RD SEASON $ 28.77
STEPHEN LYNCH-LIVE AT THE EL REY $ 7.16

$ 174.94

I do not like that some are complaining. In some cases the title went up a little, but you are still paying less than list price. Be content... :)

Ryan

Joe:C

Second Unit

I had it on my wishlist, but it seems to have disappeared. I guess it's out of stock now.

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Site is working right now, still building my order. Yeah, expect site slowdowns and hiccups, all the more reason I use DVDPriceSearch.

Really wished that the DIRECTORS LABEL SERIES BOX SET wasn't a preorder, anybody know why that is? Vol. 1 was release well over a YEAR ago, and Vol. 2 was released last September! Was waiting for this sale to pick these up, but oh well...:frowning:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I got

ALIAS-4TH SEASON $30.31
BRUCE CAMPBELL: MAKE LOVE (AUDIO CD) $18.70

That's Bruce Campbell's audiobook "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way". I hope the discount will stick, as it is a CD not a DVD.

Almost went for CLEOPATRA 2525, but, I'm not feeling confident about the economy at the moment.

Also almost went for WILD PALMS but it is pretty cheap everywhere.

Also almost went for some more seasons of XENA and HERCULES but there are occasional price cuts on those box sets anyway, so, no rush.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
First order:

ALFRED HITCHCOCK-MASTERPIECE COLLE -$69.12
THE DIRTY DOZEN=$5.76
WONDERFALLS-COMPLETE SERIES-$20.77

I'll make another order next week after I get paid. Just have to decide whether I should finally get the Hitchcock Signature Collection and overdose on the Master of Suspense, or go with Rebel Samurai, Harakiri, and Ugetsu.

RaymondSteiner

Stunt Coordinator
I just see the prices of Amazon and they lowered their prices, for example smallville first season is at 29.97 (even lower than DDD)

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
I knew they would do it. I put Gilmore Girls S3 in my wish list and it was less then $30, but now it's $43.19. Glitch? I don't think so. They probably couldn't sell it less than the $30, so they raised the price for the sale. The S4 set is still the same price as it was (still making it a good deal), but now I have to debate on buying S4 without buying S3.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Daniel, that's what I was talking about. They are raising prices like crazy and nobody seems to even care. It's like they actually want to pay more than what their DVDs are actually worth.

Even after the 20% off of Gilmore Girls S3, it only comes down to being $34.56, still more expensive than what it was, BEFORE the sale. This is not a sale. This is a rip-off!

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn Cornwell wrote You had to pay CA sales tax? I've never been charged that for any DDD order, not even for storage racks which ship from Southern California. Of course, we still have to pay our state use tax. ;)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I checked all of the prices on my wishlist prior to the sale, and they didn't jack them up.... guess it was(is) mainly the TV box sets.... Here is my order:

SHIRLEY TEMPLE COLLECTION V.01 $ 17.56
JURASSIC PARK 2 LOST WORLD (DTS) $ 7.91
SIXTEEN CANDLES $ 11.19
SUMMER SCHOOL $ 4.79
RUSTLER'S RHAPSODY (WS) $ 7.48
NIGHT COURT-1ST SEASON $ 18.71

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

It's not a rip-off. Gilmore Girls was on sale for 50% off SRP. Now it's on sale for 20% off DDD's regular price. The same thing happened with the Ray Harryhausen box-sets and several other titles. It shouldn't be any great surprise that any sales DDD was having ended when the 20% off started.

arsh

Second Unit
I saw Toy Story 10th Anniversay Edition $14.99 after 20% discount and now it is $17.99 darn!

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
I didn't know that the $30 for Gilmore Girls was a sale. I thought about buying it earlier, just in case they decided to do this. I knew it was too good to be true. I'm going to wait and see if they put it back to $30 after the sale, or I might just buy it from Columbia House. I can get it for $35.99 there. Maybe a dollar more than what I can get from DDD with the 20%, but it's one less set that I have to buy this time around (plus I get $4 fun cash towards another purchase on CH).

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
I got SCTV vols. 1-3 for $28.71 a piece. Not bad considering how expensive they were when they first came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks