JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It won't be running on December 6, guaranteed. Their free shipping is Media Mail, so it can 2 days or 3 weeks.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
last two sales, my orders came in very quickly.
faster than any of my non-sale orders as a matter of fact.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Really, with the 20% off what I'm planning on getting, I honestly wouldn't mind paying for Overnight Delivery. My list for that day includes:

The West Wing S5 - $38.89
24 S4 - $45.39
Roseanne S2 - $23.97
Batman TAS V4 - $33.12
Superman TAS V2 - $20.40
Law & Order S4 - $38.99
The Rockford Files S1 - $27.89
Star Wars: Clone Wars V2 - $12.79

If I were to order before the sale, I'd spend $241.44 and save $120.16. With an additional 20% off, though, I'd spend $193.16 and save an additional $48.28.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this sale myself. The one this past June, I saved over 30 dollars in the 4 seasons of King of Queens sets that are currently available & I have my eye on a few TV shows that I missed like South Park Season 6.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have my purchases all planned out. I've avoided making major purchases for the last three months and any ones I have made have been weighed against the impending sale. Of course I can't get everything on my wishlist and remain financially solvent, but my purchase will have my true wants.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, I'll get all this out of they way before the typical whiners jump in.

"I can't believe how slow the site is. Don't they know they have a sale going and the load will go up? I'm never buying from these idiots again!!"

"The site said something was in stock, but once I finished checking out, it said it was backordered. What a bunch of morons. I'm NEVER buying from them again!!"

"Last time it took them a week to send out my selections. Amazon gets them out the same day. I would never buy from DDD!!!"

Did I miss any?

;)

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator

Exactly! This thread will last a long time with complaints about how long the site is taking and then how long it is taking to receive their dvds. Just remember when you order during this sale there is no guarantee that your items will be here by Christmas. The good thing about it is that they do not charge you until the items ship. So if you order a bunch and the shipments are staggered then so will your charges. If I order a bunch then I would rather it be this way. I would rather receive one dvd at a time instead of several. This way I don't have to make a decision of which one to watch first.

Christi P

Agent
The discussion thread about this sale on DVDTalk is already eight pages long - many people are saying that items in their wish list have gone up in price over the last day - especially TV show boxed sets.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

A bunch of DVDs have had their prices jacked up, most of them well over the 20% you'd be saving with this sale.

It's funny. If you look at the thread on that site for the last 20% off sale, it went on for dozens of pages with people's lists of what they purchased. This time, it'll just be a lengthy thread with people posting how they're boycotting. Nice going, DDD.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
So, because people can't keep their mouths shut all the prices get jacked up. What's the point of posting your wishlist in the forums?

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Don't blame DDD's price hike on us consumers. If they are jacking up prices before a sale that is crappy business:thumbsdown:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is like the Twilight Zone episode, The Monsters are Due on Maple Street.

Do any of you feel like puppets?

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Ah, well. My original plan won't work. I've been meaning to start buying the Cheers sets, though...

James D

Second Unit
From DVD Talk, here are some active codes-

DD11
DVDSALE
DVDTALK
ESPN
SUPERSALE
USWEEKLY
USATODAY.

Also, the codes are now active.:)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I'm waiting until Tuesday; I cancelled my Amazon order for Friends and Scrubs, and I'll go ahead and pay $6.95 for 2nd Day Delivery and pick up those two along with the Seasons 1-7 set of Cheers, all for...under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread