What's new

DDD 20% off sale Now Extended until 11/23/06 (2 Viewers)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Guess I spoke too soon. My order was just updated to show that it was shipped yesterday. Now if it only gets here before Thanksgiving...

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, since it's been extended, it sure would be nice if Alias: The Complete Collection would show up in their search engine!

EDIT: Not only that... I just went to DVD Planet and after doing a similar search I got the message: THIS TITLE IS OUT OF PRINT OR IS NO LONGER CARRIED BY DVD Planet

What up?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Bob, of my two orders I didn't receive any email confirmations on one. But signing in, I see that both orders are underway. So I figure their mail server was probably just overwhelmed. No matter.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks,Will. I just checked again, and my 11/15 order is showing as shipped on the 17th. On my other order of the 11th, since they extended the sale to 11/23, I was trying to get them to give me the sale price on two items I ordered with 11/21 releases, but they are not going for it. One, Perrry Mason S1 Vol.2, was shipped already. The other has not shipped but I not fussy enough to cancel it and reorder on the 21st. Plus since the DDD site is acting up, it might have shipped already too, anyway.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Interesting. I was able to order Alias at DVDPlanet late last night, with the 20% coupon. It's showing up as "Releases 11/21" in my order status.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Isn't that similar to what happened with the Buffy series set last year? It was a 'limited' edition so retailers stopped taking orders when their supply was exhausted but when they got more copies in, it was listed again. That probably won't be much use for anyone wanting to order it during the sale though.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Here is what DVD Planet's representative said about the Alias collection a couple hours ago at DVDTalk:
Looks like they have a limited quantity.

As for DDD and the Alias set, someone at DVDTalk claims they called DDD this morning and were told it's not listed yet but will be listed by Tuesday, for $163.95 before discount. That's almost $15 more than DVDPlanet's pre-20% price.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Wow, strange things are happening at DDD. I just got a confirmation email from an order I placed last Tuesday, and get this, the free shipping is coming by way of UPS with a TRACKING NUMBER!!!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
If I had known earlier about the extension of the sale, I would have held off on placing a pre-order at Amazon for Inconvenient Truth.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Glad it was extended---I did two orders, one of which has supposedly shipped, and the other one of which was canceled without explanation today. I checked and there's plenty of room on the card, so I don't know what the problem is. Anyway, now I can just re-place that second order and use a different coupon. Otherwise, my Xmas list would be in sad shape!

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I had that happen to me earlier this year. Some kind of computer error during the credit card verification. I just called them up and had the order reactivated.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My HUGE two-set order (detailed above) was ordered Friday, Nov. 17.

I got my e-mail today (Monday, Nov. 20) that the order has shipped:

Betcha I'll see it sooner than that. I have had only good experiences with DDD and their service/shipping.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Still no Alias: The Complete Collection at DDD! Tried getting it thru DVDPlanet over the weekend again, when it briefly came back onto their listings... By the time I got thru checkout, it was unavailable again! Looks like no deals for me on Alias!

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there goes the Animated Star Trek into my shopping cart! :D
And Dr. Katz Season 2 and a couple of others bringing the order up to about $100.
Four small orders which clears 26 items off my want list. And the orders from 11/10 and 11/12 were shipped 11/14/06!

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
I'm not seeing a place to put the checkout/discount code!!??? What am I missing? I've done it in the past, I swear! Please tell me how to get to the code entry place. Believe, me, I've put a disk in the cart, and checked out all the way to the Place Order point. No sign, for me anyway.

Thank you, DL

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Joe, you da man. That was quick and accurate!!! Holy cow!!!! Now why it is logical is beyond me, but that means even more kudos to you.

THANK YOU!

And DDD: please help signed in (ie loyal) customers with this! Thank you,

DL

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I placed 2 orders this time around (prices after 20% discount):

1st Order
FULL HOUSE-3RD SEASON $18.71
FULL HOUSE-4TH SEASON $18.71

I ended up cancelling this 1st Order the same that I placed it because Amazon.com dropped the price on each to $14.99 (my order qualified for free Super Saver shipping).

2nd Order
THE SHILOH COLLECTION $16.53
SEINFELD-7TH SEASON $23.91
STAR TREK-2ND SEASON $41.14
STAR TREK-3RD SEASON $41.14

I've wanted all 3 Seasons of Star Trek: The Original Series since it was first released, but I just couldn't get past the high prices. Just check-out the "Old-School" Weekly Round-Up thread from then: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=189477 (Wow! That was over 2 years ago!). I broke-down and bought the 1st Season when it was released - at Fry's for $79.99 (Here's that thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=192402) - and thinking what a great deal it was at that time. I passed on Seasons 2 & 3 because they were in the $90 - $105 range when they were released.

So now I've killed 2 birds with one stone - my Star Trek: The Original Series is complete and my wife has something to wrap for me and place under the Christmas tree. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread