What's new

Dazed And Confused: Criterion? (1 Viewer)

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Travis, I agree. Even though I don't really get
excited about cover art, this one is a nice looking
set. Has there been any announcements about what will
be included in this version? Will there be both the
theatrical and a "director's" cut of the film? This
is one of my favorite nostalgic type films, so I'm
happy that there will be a good SE released.
:D

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Dazed and Confused Special Features

* All new high-definition digital transfer, supervised by Richard Linklater and cinematographer Lee Daniel

* Audio commentary by Linklater

* "Making Dazed," a 50-minute documentary by filmmaker Kahane Corn

* Booklet featuring new essays by film critic Kent Jones, music critic Jim DeRogatis, and author Chuck Klosterman, plus character profiles, and memories of the film from cast and crew

* More than two hours of rare on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage featuring cast and crew

* Footage from the 10-year anniversary celebration

* Audition footage

* Deleted Scenes

* Original trailer

* Collectible film poster

Also, check out Criterion's blurb "About the Transfer":

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I like the cover too. It's a complete departure from both of Universal's covers, but it's a lot more professional. I've got Universal's Widescreen Flashback Edition DVD from 2004, but I'm most definitely going to buy this Criterion set. I wonder if the extras on the Flashback DVD (nine deleted scenes, retro public service announcements on the dangers of drug use, etc.) are going to be on Criterions disc? Edit: Okay, I see the specs now. The deleted scenes are being carried over. That's good.

I forgot to add the link in my last post.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
i'm glad i never got around to buying the flashback edition.

love this flick. love linklater. love criterion. i'm set.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member

June, 2006

Speaking of groovy covers:

Criterion's on a cover roll -- now if only that release some Rohmer & Rivette ;)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I'm glad I bought the Flashback Edition DVD. For the ten or fifteen dollars I paid for it, it's served me well over the past 16-17 months. Especially the 16x9 transfer. I'd hate to still be watching that old non-anamorphic piece of crap disc from 1998 right now.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator

evil.

i wonder what the possibilites are of any other linklater films getting the criterion treatment.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Not very good. Only "The Newton Boys", "Waking Life" and the upcoming "Fast Food Nation" are eligible because they're all Fox and Fox is the only company that owns Linklater films that licenses to Criterion other than Universal, and "Dazed and Confused" is the only one they own. Linklater personally owns "Slacker" and "It's Impossible To Learn to Plow By Reading Books" so he licensed them to Criterion himself, but since Warner Bros, Paramount and Lionsgate don't license to Criterion you can absolutely forget about ever seeing Criterion editions of "Before Sunrise", "Before Sunset", "Suburbia", the upcoming "A Scanner Darkly", "School of Rock", "Bad News Bears" or "Tape".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks