What's new

Day Break - ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Wow...

The first casualty I am actually sorry to see go.

I really liked this show -- very clever. And Taye Tiggs was great in the lead role.

My wife and I just watched the two most recent eps on TiVo....

Oh well...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Vanished's "conclusion" was quite pitiful. No real conclusion, they just stopped after 13 episodes. DayBreak at least was always planned for 13 episodes, so we'll at least be able to get some satisfaction if the player allows us to see it reasonably well.

Neil

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
If you guys see where Daybreak goes, somebody feel free to come back and let us know. Not everyone can get the streaming.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
ABC does have the latest 4 episodes online at the moment, so I presume they'll continue to do that while they add the new episodes.

Neil

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So I looked at the ABC lineup for tonight and those *@*!**@ did take DAYBREAK off the lineup.

Also, I do not see the next episode up on the ABC website yet either.

Anyone have any info on the next episode, when it will show, on air or online?

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
At the beginning of its former time slot last Wednesday, it said something to the effect of "Watch for new episodes of Daybreak exclusively on abc.com".

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Can't say I'm surprised either the show was cancelled. I gave the show 2 episodes and that was more than enough for me. It just didn't work, characters were not interesting and the cheese factor was way too much for my taste.

If shows like Boomtown confused people by telling certain aspects from various characters perspective, then I never thought anything like this show would make it. For those few that liked it, maybe you will get some episodes, but most likely it will feel like John Doe without closure.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

As mentioned above, this was designed as a 13 episode arc, to fill the time until Lost returns. It should have all the closure we need, if they air all 13 online.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Teh reason the episode is unavailable at abc.com is because they have not cleared the music rights to show it online ..or so the story goes.

We'll be lucky if the rest of the episodes make it out. Un-friggin-believable. They find a way to mess with viewers by canceling a show that actually has a conclusion.

The other thing I've heard is -- we only get to see Hopper resolving this scenario..the reasons behind why the whole thing is happening will not be revealed in the final episode. I'm sure they wanted to leave that open in case this show was a hit, so they could spin it off with another actor.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Ugh! This is total mismanagement and piss-poor handling by the ABC ninkompoops!

May the felas of a thousand camels infest their armpits!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least we know why there is a delay in the show appearing online. I find it hard to believe that ABC could have messed up so much, but it seems they are surpassing everyone's expectations.

So, we should find out everything to do with Hopper's situation, but not why/how his day was repeating. That really sounds like all we could expect from 13 episodes as Hopper's situation appears so convoluted in any case.

Neil

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It'd be great if ABC wound up losing more by not showing the episodes. Don't they have breach of contract issues with advertisers who contracted to have the show air, showing their ads. Then ABC goes and pulls the show. Seems to me, they would have to renumerate those clients who already paid for the ad spots.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Networks have viewer number levels for advertising rates, and if the show is under-performing, and can't deliver the viewer eyeballs for the ads, then the network has to come up with ways to compensate for the lack of viewers (either by partial refunds, or a discount on future ads on other shows).

ABC cut their losses by taking this show off the air. There is surely some behind-the-scenes give-and-take for other programming and the ad rates negotiated between the advertisers and the network. It's an on-going thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks