What's new

Day After Tomorrow ISSUES!!!... (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I had no problem on my Pioneer 563-A and the layer change was very quick, almost didn't notice it.

I must say the sound track for this movie was pretty stellar! Movie wasn't as bad as all the critics made it out to be too.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
mmh I have a problem with the Day after tomorrow DVD but not the error that is listed here.
Mine is a soundtrack error. I own the R3 DVD (yes it is genuine) and at 2 min 40 I get a few cracking sounds from the left rear speaker. This happens on both the english DTS and english DD5.1 (and also on the Thai 5.1 track which I checked for confirmation)
At first I though this was just an error for the R3, seems that others are not affected and I have also learnt this morning that someone has the same error on the DTS track on the R1 DVD.

did anyone else come across any similar errors.
(BTW not freezing of picture on my Toshiba SD220 multiregion)

cheers
Tom

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

How ironic this is as I noticed the same at the beginning of the movie!! I thought for a sec my speaker was malfunctioning however it did seem to disappear shortly afterwards. I don't recall wheter I was listening to it in DTS or DD??

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
well on my disc the error occured on all soundtracks. (well I didn't check the audiocommentaries) which makes me believe that the mistake is on the audiomaster and hence on all discs, though that seems unlikely since not a lot of people noticed it.

so I'm not sure what is going on.:confused:

EDIT
I should note that my R3 disc is from cdwow, hence the Hong Kong R3 it is from Fox and is two discs having the same extras as the UKR2.

I am aware that there are other R3 out there but my comments are based on the FOX R3 from HK.

HTH

EDIT2
It also seems that only NTSC discs are affected, (ie only R3 and R1) since noone has reported that error on a PAL disc.

Thankfully it is not too distracting and since its at the beginning you don't get taken out of the action or anything. It does obviously interfere with the music, which I thought was pretty good at the beginning

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
I SAW the same issue on a friend's Pioneer DV-C503. It had pixelation on several scenes when the big wave was about to hit New York, This was on the R1 DTS. On my Region 4 DVD, I have no problems whatsoever. Even though it has no DTS, the DD track is outstanding. I actually made a 3 disc special edition. Discs 1 & 2 from the limited edition R4 plus the bonus disc from Independence Day R4 extended edition (2 discs with dts plus the bonus disc) which contains trailers from Day After Tomorrow plus a trailer of Man on Fire and a Featurette on AVP.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

the R4 has no DTS??

It must be the only region on earth not to get it then. all of R2 has DTS, R1, R3. (well not sure about R5+6)

BTW which R4 did you have since this review here lists DTS on it.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
It's funny that the DTS logo and description are on the back of the dvd. But on the dvd track info, you have DD 5.1 english & spanish only. It is the Region 4 NTSC Mexico dvd.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Trying to find out how long the movie was before we started our viewing, I (at the ripe ol' age of 45) simply handed the disc off to 14-year old son! Even he had to turn on a bright lamp and bring the case close.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
While a 60+ person I happen to know had no trouble at all, with the lowest area of his VariFocus ® glasses, finding "123 minutes" right below "2004/Color".
:)

When a new DVD has issues, it's always a good idea to gently wipe it clean even if you notice nothing on the surface ("hum" on it, wipe radial, not circular) and if it persists, try a PC DVD-drive to find out if the disc is faulty.
Also, laser heads do get dirty, so cleaning it (using one of those discs) now and then (once a year? two years?) is a splendid idea as well.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks