What's new

Dawn of the Dead (2004) Commentaries (1 Viewer)

Scott*E

Stunt Coordinator
I've noticed that both the rated and unrated DVDs have commentary tracks. Since the unrated version runs nine minutes longer, I was wondering if anyone knows if the tracks will be different or if one of them is just edited? My guess is that the commentaries are not recorded in real time with the movie, but instead, just interviews with cast and crew edited together and spread out longer over the uncut version maybe?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

The unrated version has already been released in Germany and the commentary is "recorded in real time with the movie".

I can't say anything about the rated version - it wasn't released here.

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
thats a shame, universal is usually pretty good with DTS tracks and this movie should have one.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I, on the other hand, found it quite interesting. Different strokes.

If you're a Babylon 5 fan you might find one of the included documentaries quite surreal. Called "Special Report: We Interrupt This Program!" it stars the late Richard Biggs (Dr. Stephen Franklin) as a news reader. It may be one of his last acting jobs and was a bit of a surprise. Even more bizarrely, at the end of the documentary there's a recorded Preidential statement voiced by Bruce Boxleitner (Captain Sheridan). As the credits rolled all became clear: the documentary was made by New Wave Entertainment, who also made the featurettes for the B5 season box sets. :)

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks