1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Fincher Set To Direct Sex Thriller, ‘Black Hole’

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kachi Khatri, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Kachi Khatri

Kachi Khatri Well-Known Member

Jay
    From Variety..

David Fincher falls into 'Black Hole' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

David Fincher is attached to direct "Black Hole" for Paramount Pictures and MTV Films.

Plan B and producer Kevin Messick are developing the project that's based on Charles Burns' graphic novel. Burns wrote and illustrated the 12-issue series that became the graphic novel over a 10-year period.

Story kicks off when a sexually transmitted "bug" is passed from teenager to teenager.

Roger Avary and Neil Gaiman were tapped to adapt the screenplay in March 2006.

Alexandre Aja was previously attached to direct.

Fincher has become a go-to director for Par. He most recently helmed "Zodiac" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" for the studio, with the latter awaiting release by Par. He also a number of other projects in development with the studio including "Torso" and "The Killer."

-------------------------------------------------------

This is exciting news knowing Fincher; his talent is amazing, and with Gaiman attached makes it more intriguing.

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Nice! This was a very creepy comic, be a nice fit for Fincher. an't wait to see what he does with it.

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Well-Known Member

Fincher's a better choice for this than Aja was. And it's a rare case of a horror story that makes good use of teenaged characters, as opposed to the standard slasher film [​IMG]

4. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Well-Known Member

Chuck Mayer
    I'll see anything by Fincher.

Anything [​IMG]

5. Darcy Hunter

Darcy Hunter Well-Known Member

I am just ecstatic that Fincher (one of my favorite directors working today) is taking on Charles Burns' haunting graphic novel "Black Hole". I read this last Christmas, and I could not get it out of my head for weeks. I definitely would not call it a "sex thriller". While the story involves a STD that turns some suburban Seattle teenagers into mutants, it has more to do with growing up, and the painful decisions we sometime have to make (aside from the obvious AIDS metaphor). "Sex Thriller" sounds like some sort of kinky "Basic Instinct" type of film.

Fincher is a great choice (especially after Zodiac, with it's incredible depiction of 1970's San Francisco), I'm sure he'll capture the look and feel of 1970's Seattle perfectly. However, while I was reading it I just kept imagining what David Lynch would do with this story.

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Well-Known Member

We need more of those movies! There are not enough dominatrixes in American cinema.

7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Hollywood wants people to think of it as a "sex thriller" because horror movies are considered low and disreputable [​IMG]

8. Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr Well-Known Member

Sorry...I'm not sure I'm ready to watch a VINCENT-Maximillian-Old Bob threesome on screen.

9. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

The Fincher news got me to get off my butt and finally pick up this comic book.

10. JonZ

JonZ Well-Known Member

Ive never read it but have seen a few panels from it.

11. MatthewA

MatthewA Well-Known Member

Matthew

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is just too funny.

12. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Well-Known Member

Actually I'd pay more to see that.