What's new

David E. Kelley's TV Series Finally Coming to DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I haven't seen anyone post this so thought i would. From the DigitalBits.

Sound's good! Not sure if i will buy Ally Mcbeal since i own the R2 sets allready. But i definately will buy Boston Legal! and hopefully more kelley shows will follow like Picket Fences.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The only Kelley shows I'm interested in are "Picket Fences" and "Boston Public". I'll buy every season of those two.

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad to hear the news about Ally McBeal, but my most-wanted show is PICKET FENCES!!! I hope that there's enough people who would buy PF, because I want all the seasons!

Leona

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting for Ally McBeal, The Practice, and Boston Legal (especially BL). This is good news!

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I would think The Practice would be a relatively easy project since there was not a heavy use by any means of pop music.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about this. I wrote Fox quite recently requesting Picket Fences, and they wrote me back a somewhat snotty letter informing me that they don't hold the rights to the show and I should find out who does and send my letter to them instead.

Picket Fences had hardly any music in it at all. I can say for sure the first season only had a few songs and they were all performed by cast members, so that would hardly cost as much as clearing outside artists, right?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Are you sure about Ally McBeal? No, I'm not interested in buying that (watching them on FOX originally was enough), but I saw the first season set in Walmart a year ago!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
That wasn't the first season; it was a "Best Of" set. I've seen it referenced as the first season for some reason multiple times by different retailers.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'd rather have a complete series set, like the R2 set, for Ally (did they change any of the music for that?) My fear being that they'll never get through all five years in the U.S.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
personally, I don't want to relive the last season, the Robert Downey Jr. season is where my collection stops at, the final season is still painful to think about five years later, considering Ally was such a great show with loads of potential in it's peak.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Nope, the R2 sets have all the original music. That's why I'm really curious to find out what the music situation will be on the R1s. I'm sure there'll be extras and a better transfer (particularly the first two seasons don't look all that good on R2), but if some of the music has to be replaced, I'll stick with what I've got.

Chris

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Oddly enough, the 5th and final season with Jon Bon Jovi is the only one I never saw because FOX had it on against another show I regularly watched at the time.

Is Ally McBeal still being rerun on the FX channel?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Popular music in the Practice? Since when? I don't recall any music in the series that was not a soundtrack.

In any case, I know this will ruffle the feathers of purists, but I don't care weather they replace the music or not. If I can't remember it, it can't have been that significant. Just release the damn thing already.

--
H

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

nope, that's a major reason I have really been looking forward to it, it hasn't been shown anywhere in the US to my knowledge since early 2004

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks