What's new

Davey & Goliath: More on DVD? (1 Viewer)

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I'm an adult, I really enjoyed Image's two volumes of the Art Clokey-created goodie show, DAVEY AND GOLIATH. Each 8-episode disc brought back childhood memories of very early Saturday mornings, watching the show before anyone else in the house was up. Does anyone know if Image plans to do more? I read there's something like 65 episodes, and one of the DVDs was fetching a high price and a lot of bids on eBay this week.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear that someone else besides me likes the Ultimate Punishment Show*.
I also hope that Image releases more episodes, but if you want more of Davey & Goliath, Gospel Films has released a couple of discs for you.
Link Removed
and
Link Removed
Hope that helps.
* Saturday Morning Fever by Timothy Burke & Kevin Burke, 1999 St. Martin's Griffin
------------------
-Rodney
No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Rodney, thanks so much for that information! I would have never known. I ordered them right away, and you can be assured that I'll be watching the discs around 5 or 6 AM on a Saturday morning. My post was really worthwile and I thank you again!!!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
During the L.A. Meet, Iasked Image about this very question, during Studio Day.
He told me there is indeed more on the way, it is a big seller.
He told me to e-mail him, about other D&G episodes that haven't reached DVD yet.
He told me, we would see what he can do about getting more D&G episodes out on DVD alot quicker.
------------------

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
This is good news John, I'm glad Image is churning out more. There's a couple of good D&G sites if you need a list of the episodes not yet out.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Axactly how many Davey and Goliath DVD's are there? I went to Gospel direct and saw two... are there more than that. I would love to have this entire collection
Thanks,
dan

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brian and George:
Your very welcome! Glad that I could help out in the Forum. Feels good to be on the helping end for a change.
Dan:
I only know of the 2 Image DVD's, and the 2 Gospel Film DVD's. Anyone else know about any others?
JohnS:
Any date for new Image releases?
It is great to hear about other fans of the show. My wife gives me a hard time whenever she looks at the DVD library and notices those titles. I am glad they are selling well.
------------------
-Rodney

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Image guy told me that Davey & Goliath next volume was supposed to be out by X-mas 2002, but he might bring another one out sooner.
I'm going to e-mail the guy this week.
------------------

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Christmas 2002 seems a long time to wait for an 8-title installment! Hopefully they'll reconsider. I got the two Gospel Films DVD last week, but I haven't watched them yet. The packaging is very nice and I'm gonna ask if they plan to do more.
A local religious channel (Telicare--Channel 25 on Long Island, NY Cablevision) shows one episode of D&G on Monday and Friday afternoons at 3 PM. I've been taping them, but as of late, they seem to repeat the same ones, most of which are on the Image discs.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a "Mad TV" spoof of Davey & Goliath the other night. Goliath gets ran over by a car while retrieving Davey's ball, then he comes back to life "Pet Semetary" style. Pretty disturbing stuff.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Image guy told me that Davey & Goliath next volume was supposed to be out by X-mas 2002, but he might bring another one out sooner.
I'm going to e-mail the guy this week.

JohnS, did you find out anything about a new Image release?
------------------
-Rodney

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I hope one of the DVDs include the episode where Davey and Goliath learn to build bottle-rockets.
biggrin.gif

Spoiler:Simpsons reference for those of you who don't get the joke :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any info on new Davey & Goliath DVDs?

Looks like the ULCA is allowing merchandising, with this Mountain Dew commercial (I haven't seen it, was it good?). Let's hope they come out with some neat stuff!

I read that they are hoping to create new D&G episodes. I hope Art Clokey will be involved.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Okay, it has been a year since I last posted in this thread.

Anyone have any news on more Davey & Goliath DVDs?

Come on, someone out there has to have some information. I need more D&G.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Reviving an old thread, here is some new information on Davey & Goliath from the official website:
A number of projects are planned for 2004:
1. A new one-hour television special, Davey and Goliath's Snowboard Christmas, is near completion. This holiday special will focus on religious tolerance and introduce two new characters, one Muslim and one Jewish. Watch for it late in 2004.
2. Augsburg Fortress plans to use Davey and Goliath for their 2004 and 2005 Vacation Bible School (VBS) curriculum, "Davey and Goliath's Camp Creation."
3. The "classic" Davey and Goliath programs will soon be re-released on video and DVD.
This is very good news! Anyone have further information?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
with each 'episode' only running about 15 minutes- it would have been nice to get at least a 3 disc set right off the bat with about 40 eps.

i've got one of the image discs and those 8 installments went by pretty quick.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This is very good news! Anyone have further information?
I published this on Friday; it has a drop more than that. Basically that the entire series would be out before year's end, and that details will be announced by mid-year.
I questioned in there whether or not an entire series that lasted 15 years could actually come out all in what would essentially be less than a six-month period (mid-year until the end of the year, and allowing some time from announcement to first possible release). It sounds hard to do, but that's the claim anyway.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Dave, although they may have made the episodes over a period of 15 years, they only made a few at a time AFAIK. It shouldn't be too hard to get them all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks