What's new

Dave's World S1 DVD Review -- Uh Oh CBS DVD.... (1 Viewer)

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator

I believe his point was to call attention to the following, deep into the review, which is another horror story about CBS (a la The Fugitive), where music replacement has seemed to become the norm:

" The show's opening theme song was a version of Billy Joel's "You May Be Right" sung by Southside Johnny, but on this DVD we get some instrumental music that sounds very cartoonish (so it does fit the artwork in the credits I guess), but no original theme. Ugh a theme song replacement!"

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
To draw traffic to his site by only linking to the review and not putting the pertinent information in his post.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I can't blame the folks at CBS for yanking the tune. They have to pay for the use of the song 23 times. That adds up. While it's sad to see it zapped, that's just what happens cause Billy Joel's publisher won't cut a deal - see Bosom Buddies.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
It's not only the theme song replacement, the pilot episode's opening scene is CLEARLY edited and you can tell easily.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
While this sucks, this hurts the singer more than the show. Yeah, the show will suffer for it, but the singer hurts both ways: if their music isn't used, then they get no money. Then people are forced to go to other routes to get the show and the singer still gets no money.

It's a damn shame, but the only thing that will come out of it is a lot of singers not getting royalties for shows at all. If that's the game they want to play, on their own head be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks