What's new

Darren Aronofsky's sci-fi epic "The Fountain" set to go (2 Viewers)

Juan C

Second Unit
I was looking at amazon.co.uk and found that the screenplay of The Fountain is going to be published in May by Faber and Faber.

Maybe (hopefully) Warner have decided to forge ahead with the release, to ride on the buzz around Rachel Weisz, after her winning the Golden Globe and her possible Oscar nomination for The Constant Gardener.

Mike.P

Second Unit
Been looking around for even tentative dates - here comes February and there is still nothing concrete.

The new website makes my brain hurt, so I'm hoping they are getting ready for a March/April release.

I think I'm ordering the GN this week, I can't take it anymore.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
Thet haven't released a theatrical teaser or trailer yet, so it can't be too surprising.

Mike.P

Second Unit
Not really suprising, depressing would be the word I'm looking for.

Hell, I'm still waiting for A Scanner Darkly, and I think I saw the teaser/trailer for that this time last year! Or at least halfway through last year.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
Either Warners gets gutsy and counter-programs this summer, or we're looking at Fall '06.
I hope. ;) :frowning:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Hell, I'm still waiting for A Scanner Darkly, and I think I saw the teaser/trailer for that this time last year! Or at least halfway through last year.
Cripes I forgot about that. I was thinking it had already come out and I missed it.

Probably ran into lengthy computer painting of film cells after filming was done. Obviously they would paint up the trailer first to get something out there. But it trailered a LONG time ago, that's for sure.

Looks like July 7th right now for that.

Hopefully Foutainhead will pop in by then as well.

Juan C

Second Unit
Another book, The Art of The Fountain, is on preorder at amazon (release date October 17). So I think we're indeed looking at Fall '06.

Nick C.

Second Unit
Rachel Weisz was just on Charlie Rose promoting Oscar stuff and said The Fountain was slated for this fall...

MikeRS

Screenwriter
AICN has two rave reviews from a test screening last night.
Market this film as a psychedelic love story, and you will find quite more seats being filled upon release.
Based just on the graphic novel, I would agree with that sentiment. Although it has some potentially mindblowing - metaphysical stuff, ultimately the overal effect of the tale was an incredibly emotional love story.
Hopefully it plays Cannes and more buzz is coming soon.

Mike.P

Second Unit
I can't wait any longer for this.
Someone do some sweet talking at WB to get this out sooner.
I can do some uh....favors. I'm young...
:)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There is also a negative review on AICN as well.

I'm looking forward to this. Now, if we can just get a release date...

Jason

Juan C

Second Unit
Entertainment Weekly says the festival committee is "strongly considering" THE FOUNTAIN as one of its films but that a final decision has yet to be reached.
Judging from the sneak preview reports, the film is quite finished (FX and music included), so there are no technical obstacle for the movie to be selected at Cannes. The selection will be announced on April 20.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I loved Donnie Darko, Pi, and Reqiem for a Dream, but absolutely hated Dancer in the Dark.
That said, I can't wait for this film! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike.P

Second Unit
Oh man, October?

This is number one on my list with A Scanner Darkly in 2nd for the year.

October cannot come soon enough.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Ok guys, when the trailer comes out, THEN could someone please start a new thread? I mean, the first post was from 2002! :b :b

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks