1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Daredevil Director's Cut in April

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JonBoriss, Nov 19, 2003.

1. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Well-Known Member

Over on www.newsarama.com there was a press conference and Avi Arad was there and gave some news on upcoming Marvel projects. One thing he said was a Daredevil Directors Cut would be out in April. He also said

- a director’s cut of the Daredevil DVD will come out in April;

- a writer for Hulk 2 has been hired

- a television series based on the Hulk may happen

- X-Men 3 is slated for a 2006 release, as is Hulk 2, Captain America, Namor, Nick Fury, and Iron Fist

- Elektra, Ghost Rider, and Iron Man are targeted for 2005, with Iron Man being written by Smallville writers Miles Millar and Alfred Gough

Newsarama

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

also mentioned is that Spider Man 2 will do well

3. RyanChristoffel

RyanChristoffel Active Member

Wow, lots of good news. Namely that the Daredevil director's cut is actually coming, and that they're not abandoning Hulk because of it's poor box-office performance. [​IMG]

4. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Well-Known Member

Just saw this on Dark Horizons as well....great news. I was hoping for it by end of this year, but April 2004 is better than never!

5. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Well-Known Member

I'm glad I never got the Daredevil DVD when it first came out. I've heard rumors before it was released that a directors cut will be released one day.

I kind of chuckled when I read that Nick Fury was in the works. I remember that David Hasselhoff starred in his own version, called Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. . It was a TV movie made in 1998. I think I lasted all of 10 minutes before I turned it off. [​IMG]

6. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Why can't DC have a guy like Avi Arad working for them? I know the answer. It just angers me.

DC movies coming:
    Batman (thankfully)
    Catwoman (but, not the Catwoman from the comics) [​IMG]

Marvel movies coming:
    Spiderman 2
    Hulk 2
    X-Men 3
    Fantastic 4
    Elektra
    Iron Man
    etc, etc, etc.

Hmmm, maybe if we are lucky. We will get a Blue Devil movie from DC soon. [​IMG]

7. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Well-Known Member

Hopefully the beautiful Jennifer Garner will reprise her role as Elektra. :b

8. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

Great news. I was getting worried since there hadn't been any new news for months.

Good news about the other movies too.

Sorry, DC people [​IMG]
    I feel for you.

9. Ian_H

Ian_H Well-Known Member

Well at least Marvel is finally getting treated right in the movies these days. Dolph Lundgren' Punisher anyone? ::shudder::

--Ian

10. Justin W

Justin W Well-Known Member

Glad to see no Daredevil bashing on this thread. I haven't seen X2 yet, but I think Daredevil is the greatest comic book movie out there. I bought the first DVD, but I'm not dissapointed because it's a fabulous DVD. The documentaries on the shoot and the comics are top of the class.

11. Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley Well-Known Member

i love the daredevil movie... glade i held of on buying the 2 disc set out now.. an will wait for this version.. maybe they will also have both verison on this sorta like they have with the T2 dvd... both version...

12. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Well-Known Member

Justin Cleveland
    Great news. The sooner the better, I can't wait to see this new cut, since I saw flashes of greatness in the theatrical cut, but it was "mainstreamed," destroying the essence of Daredevil.

13. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden

14. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Well-Known Member

This is great news. A word of warning to some of you, Mark Steven Johnson has said the new cut is actually missing stuff from the theatrical cut , but it's all scenes that made it more "accessible" to the mainstream moviegoer, so no big loss. He said the directors cut is darker, with different pacing. I (and this is unusual) agreed with Ebert's take, that this was a good film just a few steps away from being great. I tend to think the directors cut will take it to that next level. Still, some purists, as well as completists, might be alarmed....I'm not, though.

15. Justin W

Justin W Well-Known Member

That's awesome that they cut out scenes that made it "accessible". It'd be cool if they fixed up those 3 bad CG devils that MSJ comments on in the commentary. And that shitty tobacco brown background. I'm excited for this now.

16. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Well-Known Member

Excellent news, I been holding out on buying DD for the DC of it. As for DC movies, it's a shame since IMO DC makes better comics than Marvel(That just my opinion since I read comics) It might interest some people though the guy who directed the short film Batman: Dead End might be directing SHAZAM! A.K.A. Captian Marvel...

17. EricW

EricW Well-Known Member

i thought a Wolverine solo movie had already been announced, or was that just idle talk?

18. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Well-Known Member

Excellent.

I LOVED Daredevil and have put off buying the DVD because of the obvious cuts made for content.

19. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Well-Known Member

Right now the only thing officially planned is X3 schedule for 2006, but they are planning a Wolverine Solo movie, we shall see though.

20. Ruslan

Ruslan Well-Known Member

I really wish they could get some character cameos in all these Marvel movies - like having a glimpse of Affleck as Matt Murdock on TV during an X-Men movie, for instance. I know the rights are all with different companies, but surely they could arrange something...it would really give the Marvel movies the 'one world' feel of the Marvel comics.