What's new

Daredevil $5 off DVD coupon (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just received an email from Fox Home Entertainment. I signed up for their newsletter for some reason and it looks like it just paid off.

You can sign up at
http://www.foxhome.com/index_frames.html

I don't know if they will still send the coupon out to new people who sign up, but it might be worth a try.

It says in the email "because you're a subscriber to the Fox Home Entertainment newsletter, we're giving you a special coupon for the DVD release of Daredevil ..." "Simply click on the link below to print out you FOX e-coupon good for $5-off Daredevil at most retailers." "But hurry! This offer is limited to the first 50,000 subscribers to print out the coupon."

The printed coupon includes the name of the subscriber on it.

Neil

Rob T

Screenwriter
The printed coupon includes the name of the subscriber on it.
it does?
I just printed it out and I don't see my name on it anywhere. Just the 20th Century FOX logo, Coupons Inc. logo with a cut here pic of scissors and a pic of the DD coverart.
is it 2 pages or is my printer just not printing it all?

I wonder if this will work up here in Canada...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My name appeared on the coupon in very small print right under the box which says "MANUFACTURER'S COUPON" It is so small you could easily miss it.

Neil

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Is there anyway you could supply the link to the coupon?
Thanks,
Matt

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, clicking on it prints it out. I did a screen capture of where it seems to be going.

http://insite.foxhome.com/te?R=2868&...=26831&LI=5267

I don't know whether this will work or not. It will probably put my name on it, though. I'll try it out with another browser to make sure.

Edit: It seems that the 50K coupons must have already been activated as when I just tried the link I just made, it came back saying "this coupon has expired. Please keep your eyes open for future FOX deals."

Neil

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
I tried to print it out and this is what popped up.

"This coupon has expired. Please keep your eyes open for future Fox deals!"

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
Can the coupon be scanned? I'm pretty sure it would be fairly easy to take your name off the coupon.

--kyle (

Rob T

Screenwriter
My name appeared on the coupon in very small print right under the box which says "MANUFACTURER'S COUPON" It is so small you could easily miss it.
I don't see that on there.
Is it in black ink?
If so, I must be out of black.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I just printed mine out. My name is right under (and to the left of) the expiration date on top. coupon expires 10/31/03.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I went ahead and signed up at the website, but my testing would suggest that the coupon had to be printed by today. If I insert what I think is my customer code into the coupon URL, I still get the expiration notification

Rob T

Screenwriter
I tried out at Wal-mart a little while ago, but they wouldn't accept it. The guy didn't even know about it and figured that no store would accept it because theres no fine print stuff on it (which may have been because I ran out of black ink).
did it work for anybody?

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
There is a long thread in the DVDTalk Bargains forum that explains how to print the coupon. I was able to print it about an hour ago after 4 or 5 tries (although it has someone else's name on it!).

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
When I went to Wal-Mart, they said they didn't accept internet coupons, only "real coupons." The coupon does have fine print on it explaining not to accept if it doesn't have a certain box under the expiration date and so forth.

I went to Target and had no problem at all. They accepted it, it scanned properly and so with tax I ended up paying less than $11.

Neil

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Got my coupon yesterday and this morning I scored Daredevil at Wal-Mart for 9.24!!! I just told the lady it was a manufacturer's coupon and she rang it up, no problems. At almost 70% off suggested retail, I can't complain.

Jason Tracewell

Stunt Coordinator
Mine worked at Wal-Mart as well... I got mine for $9.95 after the rebate.. Not as good as Doug, but any new DVD under $10 is a GREAT deal... :)

John Swarce

Second Unit
Guy at BB said I couldn't use it as the movie was "already discounted" :rolleyes:. I asked him to check with a supervisor and they let it go through, even though it would not scan.:emoji_thumbsup:

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Thanks Andrea for the coupon’s link, I paid $ 10.99 at CC, the coupon wouldn’t scan properly at the register so I had to go through the Customer Service counter, my local Wal-Mart’s price was higher than CC, and price matching there is a hassle. One good observation, CC only had a few WS copies left hidden behind Full Frame piles, may be shoppers are beginning to see what they were missing..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks