What's new

Daredevil 2-disc boxart and early review (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

greg_t

Screenwriter
There is already a pretty large thread on Daredevil and dvdfile review was discussed in it. Not much to really talk about with it until it gets closer to release date. I will say that I hadn't planned to get it but with such enthusiast reviews, I'm going to pick it up.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I will rent this because it was awesome, and as far as I'm concerned, is the 3rd best comic film after Batman and X2. I'm really looking forward to the Director's Cut though because there are a couple of loose threads where it's obvious that scenes have been cut, most noticeably some scenes involving Joe Pantoliano's reporter character.
And the movie can always use more Bullseye!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I've seen it guys. Trust me...it rocks in every way! For me, this 2-disc set has everything that I was wishing Spider-Man contained.

greg_t

Screenwriter
For me, this 2-disc set has everything that I was wishing Spider-Man contained.
But if Columbia Tri star did a great job with Spidey on the first release, they wouldn't be able to get us twice with an eventual superbit release:)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I just finished watching the film and the two hour long documentaries...WOW!!! This set just plain kicks ass! The DTS sound is possibly the best I have ever heard! Its that good...the transfer is sharp and clear for such a dark film and the doc's are excellent and extremely well produced...this is an excellent set!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, Circuit City's version includes a mini DVD-ROM. While it's advertised as a ROM, it does have DVD-Video content as well. I figured it was exclusively DVD-ROM but the disc itself had the "DVD Video" logo on it so I put it into my player. I haven't checked out the DVD-ROM content but the video content isn't anything to write home about. Upon putting the disc in, you get a series of cryptic menus with braille lettering. Upon selecting a certain braille letter or selecting a certain combination you can access some clips from the movie's action sequences. Pretty worthless considering you have the movie itself if you have this disc. By progressing through these menus you'll eventually come upon what I would describe as the disc's main menu, which gives you a trailer for "Daredevil" (which is on the 2nd DVD by the way, another worthless inclusion. I believe it's "Theatrical Trailer B" on Disc 2). Also included are trailers for "X-Men 1.5" DVD, "X2", "Solaris", "Just Married" and "There's Something More About Mary". This menu also has a "DVD-ROM" selection which urges you to check the disc out on your PC. The sticker claims that the DVD-ROM somehow contains $15 worth of savings but as far as the video content goes, it's nothing to lose sleep over if you didn't get the Circuit City edition.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I haven't watched any of the extras yet, but I have watched the movie. The DTS was awesome. My only complaint is my biggest praise at the same time. The clarity of DVD really brought out the color of the DVD, but at the same time, really exposed all the uses of CG. I think the darkness of the movie theater really helped in masking it. Not a big complaint, it still is a kickass DVD.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I got home from work with this tonight, and unfortunately my roomies didnt wait up for me to watch it. I will wait until tomorrow, as I dont want to listen to this with the sound down. Pissed they didnt wait ten minutes for me.
I did watch most of the extras, and I can say this set blows Spidey away. I loved the hour long documentary on the comic creators. I love seeing those people get the attention they deserve, and it is rare to see so much comic industry types talking instead of reading the interviews.
Great set for extras fox! Now if only I can resist the temptaion to crank this movie tonight and wake the house up!
Tomorrow morning...

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This dvd is really really good. Both tracks (DD & dts) are great, but the dts is better.

The video is also wonderfully detailed and smooth. This is a dark film and it looked great on a 106 inch screen.

Also, this is my third time to see this movie. The first 2 times at the theater I left a little empty but thorougly enjoyed it tonight.

Can't wait to view disc 2 tomorrow.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Here is a terrific example of DVD sound done correctly. The DTS was just absolutely amazing. I saw the film a couple times theatrically in DTS and it was definitely the best mix of the year. I think the DTS track on this DVD is in every way faithful to that theatrical experience. Thanks Fox!

AJG

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Nice job with the set Fox, yet another reason why I consistently put them at or near the top of the DVD heap. Their sets are consistently top notch A/V quality, and great extras as well. Now jsut bring on the R rated cut.

My one question is though, is in the discussion thread somebody said you can see Elektra in the background when Matt finds the Braille necklace
but I couldn't see that tonight when I watched it. Anybody know the time code for when that is and where on screen to look?

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I really, really, enjoyed this disc! The DTS track was awesome, hats off to 20th Century Fox for doing such an excellent job, BRAVO! :emoji_thumbsup:

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
awesome dts track, imo its consdierably better than the dd 5.1 track,

the video transfer was great too, nice and crisp, but i notices some grain, if my m emory serves me correctly the colors were touched up since the theatrical release.

anyone notice the use of sepia during the flashbacks and daylight, along with the blue and red tint over the entire screen when daredevil was present. excellent use of color saturation to create a mood.

i havent seen a movie use this video effect since the ring, i would also like to add that movie did it very well too, the ring used a green tint throughout untill the finale with a red tint. many people dont notice the "off-colors" unless youre sensitive to it, either way if the viewer is aware of it or not, it effects you emotionally :)

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
btw

spoilers.....

for those that are not aware, bullseye is still alive :), fast forward the ending credits and youll be in for a surprise :)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Chris Farmer:

there is a picture of Elektra on the rooftop next to Matt...but you can not see it in the film...but she is still alive...because Matt reads the braile...and it probably says something like "Look over your shoulder" and he does and a big smile comes over his face....so MSJ might just flat out show us in the Directors Cut this Winter!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks