What's new

Daniel Boone - Decent Quality? (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
There was a second batch of Seasons 1 & 2. I think that's the one were getting now in the wide single case with hinged hubs and that is the set that is missing the ending on episode 4 on disc 1. The earlier S1 & S2 was packaged with 4 slim cases and a cardboard box, and maybe didn't have that mistake.

It would be pretty difficult to try to exchange the disc for a complete one, if they are really out of print or impossible if the entire run was bad. Although Amazon is carrying all Daniel Boone seasons again and showing the earlier box art for S1 and S2, they could still be actually selling the newer version of S1 with the short episode error.

Amazon reviewers have also mentioned problems with S1 Disc 7, S3 Disc 6, and S6 Disc 1. I don't have S6, but I checked the other two discs mentioned and they were alright.

Does anyone remember the Disney Daniel Boone mini-series? It was only four episodes, but it made it to VHS. It starred Dewey Martin as Daniel Boone and featured Dean 'Steve Canyon' Fredericks as his Indian enemy,Crowfeather.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard

Yes it had the whole 50 minutes. As someone else mentioned there was an earlier pressing of the 1st season. i bought my dvds as soon as it first came out.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Right Bob. I bought the sets when they first came out as well and I have the full running time for the Season 1 episode, "Lac Duquesne." And I have no idea what the one Amazon reviewer was talking about with the Season 1 episode, "Cain's Birthday." That's got to be just a limited issue because mine plays fine and I've never heard anyone else mention a problem with that disc.

The Season 3, disc #6 issue was easily replaced by filling out an online form for a free replacement. Same with Season 6, disc #1. I have no complaints with these sets. Whenever there was a problem it was remedied by the company right away. I didn't have to do anything but take a minute to fill out an online form.

Gary "I'm just thrilled to have this series in its entirety now on dvd" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Having gotten a good deals on these sets, I have no gripes if one or two episodes have issues.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I guess I'm blind. I don't find any references to problems with S3 Disk 6 on amazon reviews. What was/is the issue?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
On the Amazon page for Daniel Boone Season One, scroll down to the customer discussion thread: "Daniel Boone Season One Disc one episode 4 Lac Duquesne", read the posts from Eddie White.

The problem with S3 Disc 6 was that it was "unreadable". That's a quote from a Liberation rep that posted on one of the older Daniel Boone threads at HTF. As I said my copy seems O.K. I could not find a link for the S3 D6 replacement program., but here's the one for the S6 Disc 1 replacement:Daniel Boone Season Six Replacement Disk

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

That's unfortunate. Also, the cardboard boxes are much more attractive packaging in my opinion. My set is mix matched. Season 2 is the only cardboard box set I have. The rest are the hinged hub cases:frowning:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I contacted Liberation Entertainment about the issue with D1 E4 "Lac Duquesne". Here's what they said.

"Unfortunately the master that we used for manufacturing was faulty and there are no replacement discs available for this episode."

I requested to be put on a notification list if one exists in case they eventually *do* offer replacements. They *did* offer to send a couple of other disks to make up for the bad disk/episode. While it *would* be nice to get the complete episode I'm not disappointed considering the reply and price paid. So far I'm impressed with their service. My S6/D1 arrived less than a week after filling out the online replacement form.

I tend to think that if enough people ask they might actually manufacture corrected replacement disks for the newer S1/D1 sets.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^The stand alone releases (I assume since they were indicated by name) of 2 2-parters, "Cain's Birthday" and "High Cumberland". One from season 1 and the other from season 2. As I have them both in the season sets it really doesn't matter. I'm hoping for a remastered/fixed disk 1 eventually.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I recently watched episode #8 My Brother's Keeper from Season 1. Some footage is missing and Liberation (the company putting out The Daniel Boone DVD Sets) corrected this by having the missing footage included as a special feature on the Season 5 set. The footage was missing at the time the Season 1 set came out because they didn't have a good enough print to use it. What struck me in watching the missing footage include on the Season 5 DVD set as a special feature is how much better the video and audio quality is compared to the Season 1 DVD set's 28 episodes. Would it not be possible for Liberation to rerelease the entire Season 1 Daniel Boone DVD set using for all the 28 episodes the gtreat video and audio quality like they used for the missing footage of My Brothers' Keeper included as a special feature on the Season 5 set? Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone know if Liberation has any plans to upgrade their Season 1 Daniel Boone set?

Thanks!

Robert

marxmaniac

Auditioning
Real Name
Eddie White
So how about the two pack for season one and two? do they have the 38 or 50 minute version of the 4th episode? anyone know where to get the cardboard version?

thanks

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I wanted to update this thread with some questions and comments. Does anyone know if there are any new Daniel Boone Season 1 sets for sale at Amazon or elsewhere that has the complete 50 minute version of Episode #4 Lac Duquesne? Also it appears that a lot of the Daniel Boone TV Season sets have gone out of print and all of them may soon be out of print. Does anyone have any information about the status of Liberation Media? Any information about Liberation Media or any company manufacturing more Season 1 through 6 sets of Daniel Boone? Thanks for all help! Robert

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
MCCLOUD said:
I wanted to update this thread with some questions and comments. Does anyone know if there are any new Daniel Boone Season 1 sets for sale at Amazon or elsewhere that has the complete 50 minute version of Episode #4 Lac Duquesne? Also it appears that a lot of the Daniel Boone TV Season sets have gone out of print and all of them may soon be out of print. Does anyone have any information about the status of Liberation Media? Any information about Liberation Media or any company manufacturing more Season 1 through 6 sets of Daniel Boone? Thanks for all help! Robert
Daniel Boone is currently playing RTV, it would be interesting to find out if they are airing the complete Episode #4 Lac Duquesne, or if the problem is in the original master, and it is not available anywhere.

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner
MCCLOUD said:
Source: Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. Date: May 04, 2010 09:15 ET
Camelot Acquires Liberation Film Library
Asset Acquisition Nets Camelot 750 Titles Now, Potential to add 138 Additional Titles Later
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., May 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. (OTCBB:CMGR) ("Camelot") announced today that it has acquired the assets of Liberation Entertainment, Inc. ("Liberation"), including 750 of Liberation's 888 title film library initially, with the potential to add 138 more titles once title issues are cleared. In a deal valued between $3,900,000 and $4,430,000, Camelot Film Group, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Camelot, picked up an eclectic library comprised of titles encompassing a wide-range of genres in film and television spanning a period of more than 40 years, including such titles as the "Wolverine and X-Men" animated series, the "Peter Gunn" television series, the original "House on Sorority Row" and the original "Frost/Nixon" interviews. The marketing and sale of the library titles worldwide will be managed by Camelot Distribution Group, led by President of Distribution Jamie Thompson. "This acquisition represents a big step forward for Camelot and the implementation of our business model, especially with our ongoing focus on acquiring and distributing independent films," stated Camelot Chairman Robert P. Atwell. "In 2009, this library generated in excess of $5,000,000 in gross revenue for Liberation. Even though 2010 year to date revenue numbers are minimal due to the recent inactivity of Liberation, with our highly motivated distribution team working with film and television buyers both domestically and internationally, we are confident that we will be able to maximize revenues not only for Camelot and our stockholders, but for our producing partners in the library as well." Camelot paid cash and issued shares of its common and preferred stock to complete the acquisition, which is the first of four planned acquisitions Camelot has slated, with negotiations for two more distribution companies and a post production facility currently ongoing. "We are also excited about the possibility of expanding the revenue potential of this library through the extension of rights and acquiring additional rights to the titles as we move forward," Mr. Atwell stated. "This library fits perfectly into our expansion plans for Camelot Distribution Group in part due to the wide variety of content which spans many different genres. We believe this library eventually has the potential to exceed all of our expectations." Details of the acquisition can be found on Camelot's web site at www.camelotent.com or through Camelot's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov. ABOUT CAMELOT ENTERTAINMENT, INC Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. is a US publicly traded company (OTCBB:CMGR) with three major divisions: Camelot Film Group, which includes Camelot Distribution Group and DarKnight Pictures, Camelot Studio Group and Camelot Production Services Group. Camelot is building a unique form of motion picture studio infrastructure by redefining the development, financing, production, and distribution process. Camelot is a member of the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA). For information about Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc., please visit the Company's web site at www.camelotent.com. [COLOR=FF00AA]According to Camelot Entertainment's site, all 165 episodes of Daniel Boone are now part of Camelot's library. Whether there are any plans to release or re-release any episodes/seasons of Daniel Boone has yet to be announced. However, Camelot attended last year's NATPE Market & Conference to showcase their library as outlined in this press release:[/COLOR] Monday, January 24th, 2011
CAMELOT ENTERTAINMENT BRINGING EXCITING TELEVISION CONTENT TO NATPE 2011
Television Based Content Market Taking Place January 24-26
Universal City, CA – (January 24, 2011) Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. (OTCBB: CMGR) (”Camelot”) announced today that Camelot Distribution Group President, Jamie Thompson, will head up the Camelot Distribution sales team at the National Association of Television Program Executives (“NATPE”) global television market. NATPE 2011, North America’s largest television market, is the only U.S. based content market for buyers and sellers. At the nexus of content and technology, NATPE is celebrating its 40th year. The market is taking place at the Fontainebleau Resort in Miami Beach, Florida, January 24-26th, 2011. “NATPE is a great way to expose Camelot up to the Latin American market,” stated Jamie Thompson, Camelot President of Distribution. “We have content that is perfect for television and this will open up new relationship opportunities for Camelot.” Camelot, which is currently attending the Sundance Film Festival, will be exhibiting both new distribution titles and its extensive library that includes television programming such as the 1960’s series “Daniel Boone” and “Peter Gunn.”

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
mrmike898 said:
Camelot, which is currently attending the Sundance Film Festival, will be exhibiting both new distribution titles and its extensive library that includes television programming such as the 1960’s series “Daniel Boone” and “Peter Gunn.”
Maybe we will get the 3rd season of Peter Gunn out of this.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
MCCLOUD said:
smithb said:
Daniel Boone is currently playing RTV, it would be interesting to find out if they are airing the complete Episode #4 Lac Duquesne, or if the problem is in the original master, and it is not available anywhere.
Until Camelot or someone else re-releases S1 I doubt you'll find a complete copy of that episode. The issue was with the master Liberation used. When I purchased S1 and discovered the issue I emailed them about a replacement and got this reply: "Unfortunately the master that we used for manufacturing was faulty and there are no replacement discs available for this episode." Gary O indicated (in a post above) that his copy is complete but he has an early release in "4 slim cases and a cardboard box" rather than the wide hinge cases. You would have to ask a seller if which version they have. A re-issue would be nice if it has the complete episode. There was also an issue with disk 1 on some season 6 sets. Liberation offered a replacement program for this one. Of course, if you get one now you're pretty well stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks