What's new

Dancing with the Stars - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Carrie-Anne probably wrote down her score first and turned it into the producers, but when it came time to reveal the scores, she forgot she put down "7" and grabbed the "8" paddle and announced it as the score she turned in moments earlier.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/19/06

I'm really enjoying this season, tonight there were some good performances and some fun performances.

I would not be surprised if Jerry Rice goes home tomorrow, even though Len really wants Master P out of the competition.

I got exactly what Carrie-Anne was talking about with regards to Tia and Maksim's Tango and goosebumps, that was just hot and smoldering. Tia's making good strides.

Stacy is still ridiculously amazing at a consistent level. I didn't get the "cold" critique either, she was playing a woman who didn't want to be dancing with the smelly guy. But her and Tony's tango was nowhere near a 10, so the 9's were damn good.

Drew and Cheryl probably have the most team speed, which makes them look crisp and fun.

Lisa finally let loose, and did a really good job.

George is great comic relief, and an inspiration for all ages. His partner Edyta is so damn flexible, it ain't fair.

Master P brought his A game, but it ain't nearly enough, but to be fair, he wasn't even supposed to be on this show. At least he's letting loose, giving it a good go. Ashley looks like she's giving it her best as well, a true trooper in the face of a lot of adversity.

Giselle did get nailed on her lack of flexibility, but when the yardstick is Stacy, good luck!

Jerry just had no idea about the needed snap and speed he needed for the jive, and it did look too lacksidaisical for most of the routine.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Huh, that's the only problem I had with her performance... she looked like a mannequin, a flexible one mind you, but a mannequin none the less. Her expression never changed (she could have been Tango Barbie) until she got to the strangulation part. I was wondering which of the judges would comment on it first.

I think Drew did a really smart thing by wearing the spats. It really drew attention to his feat and showed off his fancy footwork. :emoji_thumbsup:

I really sincerely hope it's Master P who goes home. I voted 3 times for Giselle (+ my internet vote), 2 votes for Tia & George and 1 vote for Lisa.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I was horribly disappointed that Giselle & Jonathan got the boot. I don't think America is paying the least bit of attention to the judges. This is clearly going to come down to the most popular and not the most talented dancers.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
This is just getting ridiculous. WTF is the rapper still doing there!?!?!?!?! Lots of stupid people voting.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think a lot of people are voting for Master-P on the Howard Stern esque advice: "I gotta keep voting for this guy, just to f*(& the show up"

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
the only way for master p to be voted off is for the judges to give the lowest score possible (zero) in the next round. I don't think getting the highest number of audience votes is going to help him there.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

How true...as each week goes by with one more elmination, that means one less vote available per phone vote since each call-in is given a pool of votes to distribute, based on the number of contestants remaining (e.g., 7 contestants -> 7 votes per call-in).

I'm curious as to what the breakdown is in regards to the total number of phone vs. online votes per contestant...especially since you're only permitted one vote per IP address, but X number of votes per call-in based on the number of remaining contestants. I suspect that P must have a lot of folks calling in for him; I mean, if you go back to the first week--each call-in is worth 10 votes...and I can easily see a whole bunch of P fans allocating all 10 of their votes to P. Sure, all the Drew/Stacy/others fans could do the same...but how else could you explain how P made it this far (3 weeks)?

Hmmmm...if Romeo (does he still go by "Lil" Romeo?) had been able to perform, do you think he would have made it as far as P has?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I feel pretty bad for Ashley, it's gotta hurt her inside to have to be carrying this P-lunk around, but she's a professional, and she's persevering, so kudos to her.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Yeah, she definitely looked like she wanted to be anywhere but where she was. I feel sorry for her to be stuck in a situation, but she really puts the 'pro' in professional by sticking with it to the humiliating end.

Drew & Stacy haven't really been enchanting me, but tonight's performance by Drew & Cheryl was amazingly mind-blowing. I know Drew had some dance training with 98 Degrees but damn, he was keeping up with Cheryl move for move! Tia & Lisa acquitted themselves well and George is holding on by the skin of his charm.

Sadly, unless the judges votes were low enough to bridge the gap between Master P's voting bloc and the next contestant it won't be him going home. The longer this goes on, the more of a joke it becomes. :frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh when Master P started pimping his new CD in the interview segment after the scores.

I think the judges colluded by giving George and Edyta 7's, in an effort to get Master P out of the competition.

Drew drew the paso, which is a more passionate dance (easier to get the crowd into it), while Stacy did the Foxtrot, which is more laid back and light, so it's a tougher sale to get those goosebumps, but Drew and Cheryl's dance definitely brought out that electric zing you get when you know you're watching something really sharp and on-target.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Our national dancing nightmare is finally over! But still, it seemed that Ashley and Master P struck up an unlikely friendship through the process.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

Having different dances for both male and female contestants--as described above--won't be a factor now that subsequent elimination rounds will have all contestants performing the same type of dance.

Interesting that they had that montage and interview after P's elmination; I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing anything as extensive as that being done for all of the previously-elminated contestants (both this season and last)...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I think that now ABC has mandated an hour long results show (to fix a gap in their schedule), the producers of Dancing are playing around with the format a bit. There have been numerous substantial changes to the program in just the last 2 results shows.

I'm thrilled to bits that Master P is gone and Ashley has been put out of her misery but I'm puzzled as to how Tia & Maksim ended up in the bottom two. I guess I'll have to shower them with more votes this next time around.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Stacy and Tony put up the first 30 of the competition with a ridiculously hot Samba.

For the results show:
Is it my imagination, but did Barry Manilow look like a marionette when he was singing Unchained Melody? His phrasing was weird, like he was just a half-beat off in between words.

Wow, Jerry survives another week (Yeah, more Anna!!!), but we say goodbye to Tia and Maksim.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
My wife was a bit sad to see Tia eliminated, if in part due to both sharing the same ethnicity (Filipina). Me--I'm sorta not surprised that she got eliminated, as her popularity probably isn't as widespread (relatively speaking) compared to the remaining contestants...although honestly, until DWTS I hadn't a clue as to what Lisa's claim to fame was/is...and unless Drew wins it all--as far as I'm concerned, he'll always be just "Nick Lachey's less-famous younger brother" (and yes I know he was w/ 98 Degrees). ;)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member

Well, she did appear naked and pregnant in Playboy a number of years ago. But other than that, I have no idea what she's done.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Lisa Rinna was a prominent member of the cast of Days of Our Lives twice. She hosts her own talk show on SoapNET and she has starred in Melrose Place. (I don't personally watch soap operas, so if the info above is wrong I'm just passing it along from members of my family that do).

I was sad to see Tia go home (cause she was my favorite after Giselle), but that lessened when she said how much she wanted off the show. I'm throwing my voting weight behind Lisa cause Drew can take care of himself.

Slightly OT: But has anyone else noticed the strong likeness between Samantha Harris and Rachel Weisz? They could be twins!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Two perfect scores tonight! I'd really like to see Drew and Stacy make it to the finals.

Stacy looked great in both outfits!

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks