What's new

Dances With Wolves....4-Disc Release w/ DTS and Both Versions....Region 0?? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
The Region 4 release of The Lion King w/ DTS sounds great, but does the site http://dvdworld.com.br have English language support. I can't read through the Portugese(is it Portugese) so does anyone know how to order from there or how I can order?

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for clearing up the subtitles issue fellers, I was worried there for sec. Cant wait to get my BHD!

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I'm sure you will love the set. Its a shame that the outstanding commentaries are gone, but you get improved picture and one of the best DTS tracks out there. The packaging is also improved, in terms of cover art as well, and you get all the great supplements from the 3-Disc set. I highly recommend it as a must buy.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Josh,

there's a lot of information on how to order from Brazil or DVDworld for that matter on the Brazilian DVD discussion thread on the Regional forum.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...4&pagenumber=1

BTW, they have a special offer on the Hulk now, it's going for about US$ 12,00, though it's coded just for R4.

As for you question about other region free titles. Well, all R4 BV titles are region R1 coded too. Some good titles to order are: Nixon (Anamorphic), Dead Poets Society SE (Anamorphic) and Good Morning Vietnam SE (Anamorphic)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Great to hear. I may pick up Nixon since its one of my favorite Oliver Stone films. I see that the Korean Region 3 edition is a 2-disc set, with 2 commentaries for the film, one on the production and one on the actual events behind it. Also, it is the +200 min. dorectors cut, and has DTS. What are the specs for the Region 4 release?

Also, what otehr titles are available in Region 4 that are BV titles that are Region Free? Thanks again...

AlexBC

Second Unit
You're welcome. The R4 Brz Nixon is a bare bones disc. Dead Poets Society and Good Morning Vietnam are SEs. And as I said they're all anamorphic.

Regarding BV titles, they are all R1 compatible, but the only ones that I think might be of interest for consumers in other regions are the ones mentioned and The Lion King. Splah SE would be one too, it's been available over here for a while now, but since it has been announced for R1, I see no point on buying this one from around here either.

Ed Wood will be out in April, but I don't know yet how it will compare to the copies that leaked in R1 or the R2 and R3 versions already out.

Finally, there are some FOX and Universal pictures titles that are available over here with Anamorphic enconding or DTS and not in the US. But mostly they're strictly R4. They are all listed on the thread I linked earlier.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I was wondering if The Rocketeer is available there. Its a BV title as I recall, and is available in R1, buts in nonanamorphic.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
One more question I had is about the Scream titles. I hear they are available in other regions with anamorhpic transfer and some have DTS. What is the situation with them in R$ Brazil?

AlexBC

Second Unit
The Scream series is not distributed by BV over here. They're distruibuted by a small local company, pretty bad they are. So no DTS or Anamorphic Wide, for that I think you would have to go with the R2 Jpn edition, Scream is uncut and Scram 3 carries a DTS track

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I got my BHD Superbit Deluxe today. Amazing quality. I think the transfer is FAR better than the R1 versions. The detail and color is far better. The R1 version has a soft, washed out look by comparsion. I do have a 46" RPTV, but I think the improvemnts could be noticed on any tv. Also, the DTS track is clearly superior to the DD track. Its more dynamic sure, but its the quiet parts that impressed me. When the helicopters are entering the city to begin their mission,(about 38 minutes into the movie I think) just music plays over shots of the helicopters flying over the ocean. It was crisp, clear, and smooth. Considering that this is a 4 disc set, I think its worth every penny of the $39 I paid to get it here.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Yes, I have the BHD: SBD too (along with the Dances With Wolves: 4-Disc Set, another amazing package as well) and it is a lcear winner over the R1 counterpart, although the R1 gets the slight win in the extra department because it has the 3 commentary tracks. But if you are looking for reference picture and sound, this is the way to go.

SvenS

Second Unit
I would not use this criteria as you sole reason to beleive a DVD is NOT a bootleg. Case in point is the PFE release of The Final Countdown which was a bootleg and sold by Best Buy for a while.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
But if you look at the number of sites that sell it, as well as the fact that numerous other sites have reviewed it, plus people on here that have the set, then you can believe it is the real thing. I suppose it is a different case with TFC as opposed to BHD, since one is a major studio release as opposed to the other, plus Columbia is obviously a legit studio unlike PFE which I bet most had never heard of obviously.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just got both the BHD:SBD and the DWW leather 4 dvd set.

i havent looked at the bhd yet but the dww is looking a little soft and the color is slightly washed out. not much but a little.
i only watched the first 15 mins and wasnt real impressed by the dts sound on dww.

i'll have to compare it to the image dts 2 disc set to see if i notice any difference.

and if i didnt know better from all have read here and at another forum i would say the dww set looks very much like a boot.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Why would you think its a boot? I'm sure they would not produce a limited # of them (10,000 copies) and go through all the trouble with a 4-disc set, full bit rate DTS, both versions of the film, plus numerous extras, and a extremely well done packaging and call it a bootleg.

The picture quality appear to be the same as the previous versions (2-disc SE). That version was soft and had some visible grain. The DTS from what I and other found is better than the previosu DD track. Its not going to be a huge jump in improvement (like BHD) but it is better. Everyone's system and opinion on the set is going to be different.

Did you have either of the previous DWW releases? If not, it is probably why you think the picture is the way it is because the last version was the same way. I know it lacked the sharpness that the original OOP DTS had. As I see it, this is still the best set of DWW available out their and its well worth the extra $$$ for what you get. I still highly recommend it as do many others.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have every release of this and i never said i do think its a boot but it looks like one.

only do to the way the inserts look with a very soft looking picture of scenes from the movie on both the outside and inside of both dvd cases.

i just wish there was a release in the states like this and like the bhd-sbd.

you can also add the aliens head set to my wish list for here.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Sorry Tony, I didnt mean it that way.

It would be nice to have releases like this over here, similar to regular releases and then gift sets like certain titles. No doubt a release like DWW would have attracted attention from DVD collectors and the like, especially since its a limited set. The BHD: SBD set sell great as well. I think more people should know about it because many were asking for such a release over here. But we have see re-releases before. I'm sure the thought has crossed Columbia mind....

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Don't want to bump old threads, but thought this was worth it. DVDBeaver.com posted a rather extensive comparison of pretty much all the Dances with Wolves releases on their site. The verdict? See for yourself, but I couldn't agree more.

I'm sure others who own it will agree also, and some may want to consider picking the 4-Disc set up, since it seems this is the most definitive version we will likely get. But its worth it if you ask me...

http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDCompare...withwolves.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks