What's new

Dances With Wolves....4-Disc Release w/ DTS and Both Versions....Region 0?? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Oh yea, I've heard of that version. I thought at first you meant the Korean R3 version. A SE of Heat is coming out this year for R1, but no mention yet of a new transfer or DTS nor extras.

Mark_Sparks

Agent
JoshB,

I went to a dvd hack site and looked up my player and found a code that I typed in with my remote. I did the code and my player screen flashed "enter region" I inputed 0. Easy stuff. I was to getting pissed about all the other regions getting dts and we were stuck with lame extras.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php...Toshiba+SD3755

I don't think my player can do the NTSC>PAL conversion so I'm sticking w/ R3 NTSC dvds, which are mainly Hong Kong, korea, and a few Japan R2 dvds.

Check these sites for comparisons

http://www.dvdcompare.net
http://www.dvdtherapy.com/reviewpage.php

So now I'm in the process of replacing the dvds I have with the foreign dts releases.

Mark

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
They appear in the print. They are different than most subtitles I have seen, with white text I believe and a red outline to them. They aren't distracting to me, and they are correct for the film in terms of what is said on screen and spelling. They aren't too big and are like normal subtitles.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I was wondering if there was anyone else who has gotten there sets that has any comments on them? I'm sure most will agree that these are superb releases and definitely worth the money

Mark Basile

Stunt Coordinator
Just got the Black Hawk Down Superbit Deluxe and it is an incredible set. One of the best I've ever seen. I've been waiting to see this movie on a Superbit disc, and this release completely exceeded my expectations.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
I received my "Dances With Wolves" 4-disc set from koreandvds.com yesterday, and was mighty impressed with the packaging. I wish I could read the Korean liner notes, but that's a small gripe. I'm going to watch the theatrical cut tonight.

One question for everyone else who got this set: did you keep the plain white box it came in, with the set specs written on the back, or did you throw it away? I'm debating whether to throw mine away or just put it in the closet. Makes for an awkward display on my DVD shelf.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I kept my white case. It does look awkward on the shelf with no title or anything on the spine, but I figure it came with the package so I kept it.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I ordered the 4 disc SB Black Hawk Down. I already have the R1 3 disc, but the comments in this thread, combined with my appreciation for better picture and sound quality was enough to convince me I want the superbit version. I cant wait to get it!

How long did most of you wait to get yours? I paid for the upgraded shipping from koreandvds.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Yes, the subtitles are burned in.

If you got the upgraded shipping, expect in very shortly. Mine arrived sooner than expected, and with no problems at all. It was worth the extra money. I would recommend them and would order from there in the future. I think mine took 3-5 business day max.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Hey

Did anyone else receive a free DVD when they ordered their copy of BHD or DWW? Its a copy of the Superbit highlights, which contains some Superbit promotional featurettes along with Superbit trailer for about 12 films, and theatrical trailers for for about 14 films. And the Superbit trailers are in DTs as well. The only thing is the disc is Region 3, but they play fine on my computer which has software which enables me to watch them.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't get that Superbit bonus DVD (not that I could have played it anyway, being R3).

Since you brought their Superbit titles up, koreandvds.com is having a sale on many Superbit titles. I was wondering about "Lawrence of Arabia" in particular. It says it's the Superbit version, and the cover looks like the Superbit R1, but the specs list pretty much everything that was on the previous R1 two-disc edition. So if it has all those features added onto its two discs, is the Superbit DVD on koreandvds, then, really Superbit? Does anyone have this?

AlexBC

Second Unit
Josh,

there are a couple of amazing SE packing that I would recommend besides BOB, DWW, BHD and Dogville, they are the Hulk and Lion King, but they're mostly region coded.

The Hulk 3-disc set with DTS track and comes in an awesome case. This set is acutally available in R2 Jpn (NTSC), R3 Korea (NTSC), R4 Brz (NTSC) and Aus (PAL). The cheapes being the R3 Korea, now if you care just for the DTS track, than 2 discs editon on this title has the same extras the R1 has plus the DTS track. It's also available in all those regions, but in this case the R4 Brz is the cheapest and comes in a nice green amaray case with foiled cover.

3 disc set R3 Korea NTSC
http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=11980

2 disc set R4& R1 Brazil NTSC
http://dvdworld.com.br/dvdworld.hts?+UP40147+acha

The Lion King gift pack. It's the same 2 disc SE from R1 plus DTS track of the Enhanced HT mix and some promo material. Again if all you care about is the DTS track, than it's also available in all those regions like the Hulk. But with a important note the R4 Brz NTSC version is acutally REGION FREE!!! And again it's the cheapest of them all.

Gift Pack R3 Korea NTSC
http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=11613

2 disc set R4 Brazil NTSC
http://dvdworld.com.br/dvdworld.hts?+BV25706+acha

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
To clear this up, the burned in subtitles in Black Hawk Down only appear in scenes where other languages are spoken, such as when the Somalis speak. They dont appear through the entire film. Its just like the other 3-disc set. In DWW, the subtitles need to be turned on since they are not player generated nor are they burned in. Hopes this helps...

I think I'm gonna pick up the R4 Lion King, with DTS since its Region Free. I cant see passing it up now...Are there any other titles in R4 that are Region Free???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks