What's new

Damages Season 4 (DirecTV) (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
New season starts tonight, as the show makes its premiere on DirecTV. As if I don't have enough on my plate with summer shows.

Should be interesting to see where they takes things from last season, as this one will be the first without Tom, and see what happened to Michael.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
After just watching the premiere, I'll take a wait and see approach to see where the season goes, as the dots being placed well before they get connected.

It will take some getting used to hearing the word "fuck" on this show.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've enjoyed the first two episodes, but I have to say I was really bothered by Sanchez falling for that pathetic ruse so easily. I'm still holding out hope that he's just playing along (even though going all the way to Afghanastan not to give himself up would be pretty extreme).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I've enjoyed this season so far, and the couple of red herrings that actually threw me off, like seeing the witness getting arrested. Although I knew that Boorman would not be, even though he was lying down sick on that couch, and seemed to botch the bomb attempt.

This season does feel different, with the very little of the flash back-and-forth.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...I thought this season was borderline horrible overall. By the time last night's finale came around, I had little interest in how it would turn out.

With the move to the new network, did they have to go with a new, cheaper writing staff?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm interested in why you thought it horrible While not as good as the first 2 season it was as least as good as the 3rd.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Originally Posted by mattCR

Pretty much. I though the whole season was near unwatchable. I caught the first two or three and quit

That just make no sense. If you "caught the first two or three" then you could have NO opinion about "the whole season".

They teach that in "Reviewer 101" don't they?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh no, I watched the whole season in a run after it was over. I stopped watching the week to week after the first three weeks.. I figured then I'd catch up in a marathon at the end of the season to see if it went somewhere.

It didn't.

Well, it didn't work in the same way Season 1/2 were clever.. it bordered on camp, so that hurt.

My apologies, sometimes I write too short from an ipad vs. going through it.

Originally Posted by Henry Gale

That just make no sense. If you "caught the first two or three" then you could have NO opinion about "the whole season".

They teach that in "Reviewer 101" don't they?

/t/313002/damages-season-4-directv#post_3851897

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know about camp, but I just thought the writing was horrible. I have a hard time believing these were the same writers from the first 3 seasons. Also the story telling (which I suppose is tied to the writing). In seasons 1 & 2 in particular, they really knew how to tell a story and kept me very interested. Season 3 to a lesser degree, but I still enjoyed it. This season, I had pretty much no interest in seeing what would happen next and it just became a chore to watch toward the end.

Goodman and Baker were okay, and did the best they could with the material, but I can't help but think Goodman was miscast.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Have to admit, I felt the finale was a bit anticlimactic. Even though it revealed the dead body was not Chris, I was like "oh okay", as if I was pretending to be surprised. And the hearing the shooting in that little cabinet, was basically a copycat from season 2, when Ellen shot the laptop, when the viewers were to believe that she shot Patty.

And no surprise to see who the witness was, in the custody hearing. Boorman and Erikson were interesting characters, but I feel the same way as Scott, about John Goodman probably being miscast here as the main villain.

Not sure if I will be back for season 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks