Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin EK, Jan 13, 2013.
It's a shame that a show that looks so good doesn't get a blu ray release.
I read a small article in this week's TV Guide about the upcoming 3rd Season of "Dallas"...and there's a possibility that Priscilla Presley might return (at least for a while) as Jenna Wade! According to Cynthia Cidre the idea of bringing back Jenna is: "On our planning wall and we're seriously thinking about it." But, she stated that fans don't need to worry about Jenna causing relationship problems with Bobby and Ann...because even though she likes all conflict, her heart is with Jock and Miss Ellie, and Bobby and Ann. Well, my heart of course will always be with Jock and Ellie...but I always will prefer Bobby and Pam...rather than Ann. But, Ann's okay I guess. Whatever the case with Jenna though, I can't wait till this January when Season 3 premieres!!
Adding to my earlier above post about Priscilla Presley possibly returning as Jenna Wade, I read something about what's up for Christopher too:
Christopher Ewing Season 3 Spoiler Alert!!
I recently read an online article about what might be in store for Christopher in the upcoming Season 3 of "Dallas"! Here is a copy of the article:
[Christopher Ewing had quite a difficult time in the second season of Dallas on TNT, finding out his mother was dead and feeling betrayed by his girlfriend Elena but it looks like there are happier times ahead for him in the shape of a new love interest.
Jesse Metcalfe spoke to Access Hollywood and teased details of Christopher’s upcoming storyline:
“I finally got a little bit of information because everyone was asking me, ‘What’s in store for your character?’ ‘What’s coming up next in Season 3?’ and I had nothing, but now I know that Christopher’s getting a new love interest. So that’s pretty exciting for me.”
So it looks like it’s the end of the road for Elena and Christopher but this is Dallas so anything can happen….]
Personally I hope that he ends back up with Elena...but anything is possible on "Dallas". He could end back up with Pamela Rebecca before it's all said and done.
I'm hoping to review the second season DVD set but haven't seen anything come in this direction yet... On the other hand, I haven't heard an official release date for the US either, so they may be waiting to tailor the release date to the premiere of the third season.
Yeah, I've noticed that a Second Season DVD release date was given for out of the country...but as for the U.S. one it hasn't been announced yet. However, I think you're exactly right--that they're purposely waiting until closer to the end of the year/first of the new year to coincide with the premiere of the Third Season. Of course we'll all miss J.R., but I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what they'll do with current storylines and new & old/former characters being brought in.
Here is a copy of a recent online article, from October 14th, from ultimatedallas.com concerning "Dallas" Season 3. It DOES CONTAIN POSSIBLE SPOILERS...so you've been warned. I find #6 especially interesting! But, if everything the article mentions happens, Season 3 is gonna be superb!! I can't wait!
Season 3 spoilers for Dallas TNT
Dallas TNT is back in production for a third season of power games and family rivalries, so we pulled together all the news, rumors and spoilers that are floating around on the net.
Please be aware the following may contain spoilers. You have been warned.
1. The working title for the first episode is called ”The Return’ – fans are speculating that the title refers to a time jump between the finale of season 2 and the start of the new season and sees a heart broken Christoper return to Southfork after several months away from Dallas.
2. The first episode of season three kicks off with a dramatic car accident.
3. Unused footage of Larry Hagman as JR will be used in season 3 as part of a story arc.
4. AnnaLynne McCord will play the role of Heather, a ranch hand with a troubled ex-husband and a 5-year-old son. Having grown up in a house with four brothers, Heather is quite capable of handling herself around the Southfork ranch hands, but when her ex-husband returns, bringing turmoil back into her life, Christopher steps in, helping Heather resolve the conflict, and the two become involved in a romantic relationship.
5. Wedding bells – rumors are flying around that we will see a lavish wedding at Southfork in season 3 as John Ross and Pamela Rebecca renew their wedding vows. Ann and Sue Ellen are busy planning the wedding of the year but will it go ahead as planned?
6. Season three will be split into two halves with a huge cliffhanger at the end of first half and the remaining episodes shown in the summer of 2013.
7. Priscilla Presley who played Jenna Wade Krebbs ,the ex love interest of Bobby Ewing, is rumored to return in season 3 to cause problems between Bobby and Ann. Could this pave the way for the future appearance of Jenna and Bobby’s son, Lucas Krebbs?
8. Both Judith Light (Judith Ryland) and Kuno Becker (Drew Ramos) are confirmed to appear in season three.
9. There is a big family event in episode 2
10. According to Dallas TNT writer Aaron Allen If you’re hoping for more Elena and Sue Ellen driven stories, you’ll LOVE season 3.
11. A new fun loving villain called Nicolas is heading to Dallas. He’s described as 35-40 years old, “a powerful billionaire businessman. Self made. Rough childhood. Raised himself up by his bootstrap. He’s charming, sophisticated, smart, cunning…Sexy but not pretty. He comes across as a good, genuine guy, even though there are darker parts of his personality which he’s hiding. He also has a good sense of humor and uses that take the sting off his verbal sparring.
12. John Ross will be dealing with the aftermath of his fathers death and his struggle will impact his relationship with Pamela Rebecca but she is determined to make their marriage work. Will secrets from season 2 come back to haunt their relationship?
13. At the time of writing Charlene Tilton has not been asked back to play Lucy Ewing in the third season but we have our fingers crossed.
Join in and speculate. What do you expect to see in the third season of Dallas on TNT?
Oh yeah...referring back to my above post on Season 3 of "Dallas"...I'm sure #6 meant summer of 2014, not 2013 (as obviously that's already past). Someone made a typo.
SEASON TWO ON DVD FEBRUARY 11th!!
Here is a copy of TVShowsOnDVD.com's announcement today:
[Dallas - Warner Lays J.R. to Rest Next February in 'The Complete 2nd Season'
4-DVD set of the new show will be out in stores on the 11th day of the month
[*]J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman), one of the most iconic television villains of all time, takes his last breath under very suspicious circumstances...but not before stirring up a season's worth of Texas-size trouble! J.R. deviously guides his son, John Ross (Josh Henderson), in stealing the family business from Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe) and Bobby (Patrick Duffy), while the ladies take their own sides.
Sue Ellen (Linda Gray) runs for governor, Ann (Brenda Strong) takes aim at her ex, Harris (Mitch Pileggi), and Pamela (Julie Gonzalo) and Elena (Jordana Brewster) prove that being beautiful and fighting dirty sometimes go hand in hand. Plus, Elena's brother, Drew (Kuno Becker), and Ann's long-lost daughter, Emma (Emma Bell), add their own agendas to life at Southfork.
It's a season of must-see drama and even though J.R. and his Stetson are laid to rest, he's still calling the shots, bequeathing a legacy he calls his "masterpiece," which leaves the normally unshakable Ewing family in shock.
The 2012 comeback series is coming back to DVD in the second month of the new year, as Warner Home Video schedules Dallas - The Complete 2nd Season to arrive in stores on February 11th. Priced at $39.98 SRP, this 4-disc set will come with 15 episodes and a nice list of bonus material that mainly (and quite rightly!) focuses on the late Larry Hagman:
[*]Memories of Larry Hagman: A Cast and Crew Tribute: An intimate look at how Larry Hagman impacted the lives of his cast and crew as they share their favorite and personal memories of the man who made J.R., and Dallas, famous around the world.
[*]The Battle for Ewing Energies: Blood is Thicker Than Oil : Explore how the death of J.R. - the head of the family, and the heart of Dallas - rippled through every character and storyline of Season Two.
[*]Dallas Fashion Files
[*]J.R.'s Masterpiece: Extended Cut Episode: Extended cut of the pivotal J.R. funeral episode, as the show buries one of TV's most memorable characters.
[*]Dallas at Paley Fest 2013: Cast and creative team panel at Paley Fest 2013
[*]One Last Conversation with Larry Hagman: In this unedited interview with Larry Hagman, he discusses the launch of the new Dallas
I don't know if Season 3 will start in January or not? But, the 2nd Season DVD set sounds worth the wait!
"Dallas" Season 3 will premiere Monday February 24, 2014 at 9/8c. I've seen several promos for it this past month and/or over the Christmas holiday--they were hilarious and definitely holiday greetings in the true Ewing style!
As far as I know the Season 2 DVD set will still be released a couple weeks before that...on February 11th.