What's new

Dallas Season 11 Missing an Episode (1 Viewer)

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Can anyone confirm if it is just my set or if the new Season 11 box set is missing an Episode or has some severe cuts?

Between Episode 25 (Never Say Never) and Episode 26 (Last of the Good Guys) it seems that the "previously on Dallas" segment shows scenes that were either cut from the prior Episode or missing an entire episode altogether.

Anyone know for sure?

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
That's probably it. I noticed the quality on these sets seem to be going down as the sets come out. The latest one is compressed to 30 Episodes across 3 Double sided discs and no extras like the earlier sets. The PQ also seems to be suffering. I guess they figure if we've come this far, we'll bite regardless.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The PQ is probably explained because Dallas was being edited on videotape in its later seasons. Therefore, they only have video masters to work from, and not film masters/negatives.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

They might still have film elements (assuming WB kept them when they bought Lorimar), but they may not be conformed to the EDLs, and if they are the credits would have to be redone. The opening sequences would have to be done from scratch. And if they wouldn't remaster the totally-on-film 1978-1986 episodes, why would they remaster the show in its final years?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
During what year did the practice of shooting a TV Show on film, then editing it onto videotape, come to an end in favor of shooting with High Definition cameras?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks