What's new

"Dallas" complete series (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I still remember when Dallas Started in 1978 as test run that led to 14 seasons. I will admit that Dallas was best early on with Bobby -vs- JR rivalry, especially JR being bad guy and Bobby the good guy.
It is sad to see Larry Hagman had passed on as his role JR Ewing is classic. I watch Dallas 2012 and you could see with JR that he was not looking well, especially how his voiced sounded. I still watch the show as i wanted to see how the torch was passed to the kids. The passing of the torch is a good idea, but i am not sure it will have the same staying power as the original series. I think S2 could possibly be the end, especially with JR now gone. You really can not have Dallas without JR. It kind of reminds me of when 8 simple rules lost John Ritter and how the show went down hill.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I think there's a misconception that JR was despised by all. He was regarded by many Yuppies as a model, way into the eighties.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thank you Jeff for your Post. I had no idea until today of the loss of such a great actor as a Larry Hagman. I also have great memories of those Dallas Friday nights in the 1980s.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'm not sure if Dallas 2.0 will have the steam without JR. I became hooked the minute it came on having been a fan of the original series. Seeing JR up to his old tricks again was certainly fun. I've heard there was 6 episodes of 2.0 shot with JR in them and I wonder how they'll manage to write him out of the series. Of course, the original suffered the loss of Jock Ewing and other important characters along the way and stood its ground but I'm afraid losing JR will be like the original when it lost Bobby. This time, however, they can't come up with a dream sequence to make it all go away.:rolleyes:

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm pretty much convinced that the new series will be cancelled. Dallas was and is about JR and without the main character there is just not enough story to keep people watching. The few episodes that were filmed before Hagman's death will air and the show might complete its second season, but it will be a struggle to keep viewers until the end of the season. Hopefully it will survive long enough for them to do a wrap up to the series and not leave it hanging like Dynasty.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Brian Himes said:
I'm pretty much convinced that the new series will be cancelled. Dallas was and is about JR and without the main character there is just not enough story to keep people watching. The few episodes that were filmed before Hagman's death will air and the show might complete its second season, but it will be a struggle to keep viewers until the end of the season. Hopefully it will survive long enough for them to do a wrap up to the series and not leave it hanging like Dynasty.
I haven't seen the new TNT version of the show but I'm sure your take on it is right. There'll always be only 1 "JR"
.... at poolside "Well, Hi there, darlin'" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks