1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dallas: Complete First Season :)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris:L, Apr 30, 2004.

1. ScottR

ScottR Well-Known Member

Well, two episodes from the first set ran 45 and 46 mins. while the rest ran 47 or 48.

2. Haden

Haden Well-Known Member

And yet they waited nearly a year after the release of the first set to release this new season...

3. Chris.SC

Chris.SC New Member

That may be that a few episodes were shorter than others. This is very common in producing television series. Not every episode is going to be exactly the same length every time. Especially true with older shows because they were shot on film. A lot more expensive to do pick-up shoots, etc. Easier to insert an extra commercial or two. However, the syndicated prints of Dallas ran about 45 to 46 minutes in length, and as I said were in a completely different format.

4. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Well-Known Member

Paul McElligott

Dang, you're right. I could have sworn it was out last April.

C'mon , Warners. You can do better than that.

5. Mark Lx

Mark Lx Well-Known Member

On the Theme song question, it was altered slightly all the time. The show started in 78 and the theme had a very disco feel to it. It even changes between the miniseries and the first full season, where the bass guitar is turned down in the mix.

I guess eveyone remembers episode 3 in the miniseries where they are dancing in the disco to the Dallas theme.

It wouldn't surprise me if the later (less popular) seasons of Dallas are never released. But one a year is too slow and we won't get many seasons in the current DVD format.

6. Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry Well-Known Member

As long as everything to the end of Season 8 (or 9, depending on how we count the miniseries) gets released, then I'm happy.