What's new

Dallas: Complete First Season :) (1 Viewer)

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

Sorry, Chris. Not going to debate your point on the intelligence of the network, but that idea does not appeal to me at all.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I know this is a little off-topic, but was anyone who saw the birthday party on The Sorpranos last week reminded of a Ewing barbecue? They even threw somebody (Carmela) into the pool!:D

Robin W.

Grip
Hi, everyone!

Wow! I am very happy that so many people are enthusiastic about the Dallas DVD. On Dutch forums like this they all react like: Dallas? Who would buy that (a few exceptions, of course)? So I am very happy that a lot of you DO like it! Then we'll probably get more seasons!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Robin .... You better believe there are a lot of Dallas-crazed fans out there in cyber-world.

Have you checked out the very well-done Dallas fan website? .....

www.ultimatedallas.com

(But I still want to know WHY Digger Barnes was in my office, sleeping on my couch?!!) :)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I was thinking... since the show Dallas and Dynasty are so similar and two of the most popular hits in the 80s as far as Soaps are concerned... why don't they just package them together? I know that there isn't much news on the Dynasty show but what if they packaged them back to back? Like a 2 for 1 deal!!!!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Once more, David Lambert provides some juicy TV info .....

DALLAS SEASONS 1 & 2 COMING AUG. 24th!! :emoji_thumbsup: .......

-----------------------------------------------

>> "Dallas--the Complete First and Second Season makes its soapy debut on DVD Aug. 24 from Warner Home Video. Prebook is July 27, and the DVD has a $49.98 SRP.

The five-disc DVD set of the primetime soap, which ran for 13 years and earned a spot in pop culture history, includes all 29 episodes and the Soaptalk Dallas Reunion featurette with Southfork stars Larry Hagman (J.R.), Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Charlene Tilton.

Hagman, Tilton and creator David Jacobs give commentary for the pilot and other episodes.

29 episodes means the 5-part mini-series that consisted of the "1st Season", plus the 24 episodes from Season 2. Stay tuned, and we'll have more details about this - and cover art - just as soon as Warner Home Video provides it.

Hopefully this will pave the way for the 3rd Season on DVD, which ends with the famous episode "A House Divided". That's the one which provided the classic "Who Shot J.R.?" cliffhanger."

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1478

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Just got the "alert" e-mail from your site a few minutes ago, David L.

But, tell me David (if you can)...why is it that sometimes I'll get one of those e-mail "alert" announcements from your site in a matter of minutes (or seconds practically) after a certain pre-signed-up-for show blurb is put up ... and yet other times it takes many days, or even weeks, to get the alert mail?

The last 2 DVD-on-DVD Alerts took well over a week to come through.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Yes...but even faster are the people over at ultimatedallas.com.

THREE different Dallas Forum threads there already have your news blurb!

They've pounced on the news faster than J.R. pouncing on Kristen! :)

Supporting Actor
so am I correct in saying that they're cramming 53 episodes across 5 discs?

5 - Mini Series
24 - First Season
24 - Second Season

New fans are going to want to know who shot J.R. so they better be releasing season three QUICKLY! You don't keep people in suspense!

Supporting Actor
okay.....

Mini Series

Diggers Duaghter
Lessons
Spy in the House
Winds of Vengence
Barbeque

Season 1
Reunion (Part 1)
Reunion (Part 2)
Old Acquaintance
Bypass
Black Market Baby
Double Wedding
Runaway
Election
Survival
Act of Love
Triangle
Fallen Idol
Kidnapped
Home Again
For Love or Money
Julie's Return
The Red File (1)
The Red File (2)
Sue Ellen's Sister
Callgirl
Royal Marriage
The Outsiders
John Ewing III (1)
John Ewing III (2)

Season 2
Whatever Happened to Baby John (1)
Whatever Happened to Baby John (2)
The Silent Killer
Secrets
The Kristin Affair
The Dove Hunt
The Lost Child
Rodeo
Mastectomy (1)
Mastectomy (2)
The Heiress
Ellie Saves the Day
Mother of the Year
Return Engagements
Love and Marriage
Power Play
Paternity Suit
Jenna's Return
Sue Ellen's Choice
Second Thoughts
Divorce - Ewing Style
Jock's Trail (1)
Jock's Trail (2)
The Wheeler Deeler
A House Divided.

That's 54 episodes.. count them!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chris, the people who put together the list you pasted in are not counting things the same way that Warner does.

WB counts the mini-series as the 1st season. What you refer to as "Season 1" the folks at Warner count as the 2nd season.

Quite simply, here are the episodes you'll find on that set (and I'll update my news item with this, how's that?):

"Diggers Duaghter", "Lessons", "Spy in the House", "Winds of Vengence", "Barbeque", "Reunion (Part 1)", "Reunion (Part 2)", "Old Acquaintance", "Bypass", "Black Market Baby", "Double Wedding", "Runaway", "Election", "Survival", "Act of Love", "Triangle", "Fallen Idol", "Kidnapped", "Home Again", "For Love or Money", "Julie's Return", "The Red File (Part 1)", "The Red File (Part 2)", "Sue Ellen's Sister", "Callgirl", "Royal Marriage", "The Outsiders", "John Ewing III (Part 1)", and "John Ewing III (Part 2)".

todd s

Senior HTF Member

A better packaging would be Dallas & Knots Landing. But, my wife only wants Knots.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
29 episodes on 5 discs? Isn't that streching it a bit. Plus extras? These are hour episodes (okay 48 minutes). That's like 10 sitcoms on a disc. I'm no expert on DVD time versus quality. Every Little House only had 4 (hour) episodes on a disc. Didn't people complain about those. I mean I love the proposed package and especially the price if it works.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Cover Art is out (not official). 1450 minutes for $49.98. That's got to be one of the best deals yet. Now that's a good price for a Star Trek original series season, me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks