1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Daktari Season 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Supporting Actor

Frank
    On WA website today. :)

LeoA likes this.
  2. stringbean

stringbean Agent

Snorbitz
    Thanks for the heads-up. Being a UK citizen, I shall be getting this set from Amazon.de (Germany), now up for pre-order, because like the previous two seasons I purchased from them, the set will be on proper pressed DVDs, PAL format and Region 2 along with English language.

The US R1 discs I take it will be on those dreaded DVD-R On-Demand discs like seasons 1 and 2 before it.

If only Amazon.de, or even here in the UK, could get the Ron Ely Tarzan sets on proper DVDs as well.

3. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    My Daktari Season 3 R1 set is on pressed discs and I ordered it about three weeks ago from WB Shop.

4. stringbean

stringbean Agent

Snorbitz
    Aren't they only available on pressed discs direct from WA for a short while though like a lot of their other titles?

How many people actually go direct to WA? Only the minority group of collectors and fans of classic TV who are in the know about such things. For the masses, it's inferior On-Demand DVD-R.

If you go to Amazon (US), you will find that season 3 is only available on DVD-R. Just like season 1 and 2 and their Tarzan sets along with many other classic shows. It's in fairly small print and many people do not understand the difference between the two types of disc.

5. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    You are are correct, but I just wanted to mention that there is a way to get the pressed discs at this point in time for Daktari Season 3. My understanding is that at some point, if WBShop runs out of the pressed discs, they will then only be available as DVD-Rs. AFAIK Amazon only has them available as DVD-Rs.