What's new

Da Hip Hop Witch! (starring Eminem as Vanilla Ice) (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Shit man. Anyone who things Eminem is a no-talent doesnt understand rap. You cant say he doesnt have rythm just because he doesnt sound like Dr. Suess over a beat-box like 90% of the rappers out there. Just because Eminem's rythm isnt simple enough to be pleasing to the ears of the people who dont even like rap doesnt mean he has no talent.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Harry Knowles got famous, no reason why you couldn't be the Harry Knowles of the rap world Jeff.

PS - I'd love to hear you rap in Japanese, and the Pokemon rap DOES NOT COUNT.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Umm, no Pokemon rap

And please don't compare me to Harry Knowles....EVER. Personal issues there :)

Eminem's raps aren't complex, he's not "breaking the mold", he's being lazy. Vanilla Ice all over again, except Ice never had the delusion he was an "artist"

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't call Eminem lazy. He doesn't go with the standard rhyming schemes, but his lyrics are full of alliteration which creates most of his flow. It is just a different style, and a refreshing one at that. But that is as far as I will go to back him up. :)

Back to the movie...

Bahhahahahahahahah!!! :D

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Jeff, sorry, but I've read way too much about Eminem's style by people I would consider experts whose opinions I value more than yours for the simple fact that they give reasons and rationale behind their stances. If you would care to provide some actual evidence of why you think he's a hack other than you dont like his style and "think" he's lazy, I would be happy to listen, but if all you got is "he's Vanilla Ice" I have nothing else to discuss with you.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
LOL @ The HTF Mantra - "If I don't like it, it's a hack."

Be it a director, actor, or performer. The funniest thing about this site.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Whaaat? IMDB's story on the pulling of Da Hip Hop Witch DVD & VHS!

Ding Dong, This 'Witch' Is Dead

Without explanation, Artisan Home Entertainment has asked retailers to return all VHS and DVD copies of the movie Da Hip Hop Witch, a low-budget take-off of The Blair Witch Project (the movie that lifted Artisan into the top ranks of independent film distributors to begin with). The hip-hop horror flick, produced in 2000 and featuring cameo appearances by numerous hip-hop stars including Eminem and Ja Rule, was recently reedited to expand Eminem's scenes in an apparent effort to capitalize on his success in 8 Mile. His face is also featured on the DVD's cover art. Video Store magazine reported Monday that Artisan has informed retailers that all sales of the title, which was set to be released on June 17, are prohibited. Reviews of the DVD appearing on numerous websites have been caustic, with one critic remarking that he'd rather have his toenails pried up with an icepick than have to sit through it again.

:laugh:

Let it be known that I'm going to make DA HIP HOP WITCH STRIZIKES BIZACK. :D

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
I had the (mis)fortune of buying the original version of this. This movies feels like a jr high school film. By the way Vanillia Ice is only at the very end.

Spolier

He's the Hip Hop Witch

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Now that it's being pulled I wonder if it'll become a collector's item on ebay. There might be people that could probably use this flick as a torture device during interogations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks