What's new

Custom Star Wars DVD covers (original trilogy)... (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I recently transferred the original Star Wars trilogy to DVD-R and would like to know if anyone knows if any custom DVD covers are available anywhere on the net. I already ran a search on this forum, on google, and on dvdcoverart.com (they only have covers for the new movies, not the original three) and came up empty handed. Right now they are stored in SACD-style/size cases and I'd like to store them in the same type of case right next to Episodes I and II. Any thoughts?

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does anyone have the custom made "Troops" insert that goes with the Custom DVD cover for "Troops"?

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Thanks everyone for your help. I wasn't entirely sure if this thread was ok to post or not, however, it seems to be ok since an administrator posted a response and a link. I got what I needed (and them some). Again, thank you all for all of your help- I really appreciate it.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I can see Dean's point: this thread may not be contravening HTF rules and regulations, but it should perhaps be frowned upon, yes? These are covers for illegal copies of copyrighted films.

But it doesn't really bother me, but it is a bit 'dodgy' as we say over here! :D

Gordy

Scott Stevens

Stunt Coordinator
As long as he does not sell them, it's perfectly legal to make a copy of the movie he already owns. Same concept as dumping a CD to an audio tape.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wayne,

Nope they're not mine! Some of them are pretty nice though. I really like the ones using the original poster art. And even though the Troops one is a little rough, I'm using it!

Ric

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Nope- I'm not selling 'em. I'm just transferring them to DVD for ease of use and so them can rest inside the rest of my collection.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Do you actually get anamorphic video on your dvd's?
It can be done, but unless the source material is anamorphic it doesn't make a lot of sense to make an anamorphic DVD - except for bragging rights. :)

Transferring my Star Wars tapes to DVD has been on my "To Do" list for a while. I'm glad that this thread came up.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Nope. Well, no legitimate source since neither laserdiscs nor VHS use anamorphic encoding. Those are the only two legitimate methods by which the widescreen SW trilogy were released AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks