What's new

Custom Indiana Jones cover set (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Very cool. I'm just glad they didn't change the title in the actual movie. If you make a Brown on that matches the Widescreen set, I'm printing on out!

MattHR

Screenwriter
I also like the light beige better. It's the same as the old WS laserdisc covers. Besides, the front covers are very dark already, so the lighter background enhances the design, IMHO.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This is actually more of a generic coverart question, but since I like both the original and Matt's covers, I was wondering how easy it would be to make a reversible cover. I know that some anime (the many Gundam series, for instance) use two different versions of cover art, which means you can choose which one you think looks cooler.

Anyhoo, how easy would it be to take the original covers and line them up in a printer so you could print this art on the blank side? Or do you think that's something better left to the pros? Just throwing the idea out there.

ETA: Which printer is the best kind to use for printing coverart? Bubblejet, inkjet, or laser?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
They're great, Matt!

I really love the second Raiders cover. I'll use them if you come up with a cover for the 4th disc. Maybe you can make an aternate version that includes features from BB 5th disc. Then folks with the extra disc can put it in a single size 2 disc case.

Ric

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Very, very nice. I've printed a few covers from dvdcoverart.com before, however, the print quality/resolution always looks very similar to "crap." Is there any way to print so the resolution looks more similar to the high resolution images uploaded onto the Internet, such as the Indiana Jones covers Matt was nice enough to share?

Thanks!

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Doug:

fixed!

Ric:

I'm definitely doing something for the 4th disc; we'll see about the BB one

Scott:

If the covers you've printed from dvdcoverart.com don't look almost as good as the studio originals, then 95% the problem is with your printer or setup. we have very stringent quality control for what gets posted on the site.

these Indy covers will look as good as the studio originals given the right printer, I guarantee it! =)

Joey B

Stunt Coordinator
They look great!

Here's a stupid question, where'd you get the UPC labels? My DVDs don't have UPC codes on them.

Just curious.

Very cool covers...

Joey

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I don't suppose you could make a Temple of Doom cover with the One-Sheet Style B artwork (you're using the One-Sheet Style A art on that one)?

It would be the same as the the art found on the laserdisc cover.

-Lyle J.P.

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Lyle,

I had planned to, but I haven't been able to find a nice high-quality version of that poster. I had scanned my LD jackets before I sold them, but my ToD one didn't come out very well. I'm going to try and find a nice jacket on ebay though if I can for a few $$, and if that works out I'll definitely post a cover with the one-sheet B artwork

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
matt,

one question i've been wanting to ask.....

what printer and type of paper do YOU use?

and do you diffwrent paper for the inserts?

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I use a HP Deskjet 940c and epson A4 photo-quality paper (light gloss). Just about any photo-quality inkjet printer and any paper that's better than regular copy paper will be fine.

StevenFC

Second Unit
I thought someone might find these useful if they own the Best Buy extra DVD for Raiders. I'm no graphic artist, but it came out good enough to suit me. I was hoping someone with more skill than me might post something better. But I guess this will have to do. I use them for DVD Profiler and for my DVD case. Nothing special. But maybe someone will find them useful.

Front image for Profiler

Back image for Profiler

Image for a DVD case

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Why the hell can't the studios hire some of these guys contributing to dvdcoverart.com? These covers are far and away superior to what the studios have ever done.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks